Buck driver design - component selection example

waiting on the first few test boards, I got a shipping notice of the first TK61 boards yesterday but I am probably gonna wait and assemble one of the more simple boards that are coming first before the TK61 with all its extra components for the power cutoff circuit. OSHPark is really cranking out the boards quickly right now, hopefully the more basic boards will be here by next week, again the circuit design is running, but running on a plastic test board means I’m limited to a minute or so at a time before the sense resistor is melting the plastic.

This is a top priority project on my work bench right now!

:slight_smile: Ouch melting plastic is not very productive I guess… I’ll keep my eyes on this thread then.

So, does this mean that you will have three switches - a clicky and two e-switches? Or does the “power” e-switch replace the clicky? I’m not very knowledgeable about all this, but the above looks like it is going to be the latter (two e-switches only). I’m eager to see this completed, and some detailed explanation of how it all works. So far, it sounds like exactly what I need!

Edit: I just read post #61 again, and realized you’re doing two different boards. I guess the simple one is the one with a clicky and an e-switch, and the TK61 board has the fancy stuff to do two e-switches?

David, your edit is exactly correct. See the thing is, the chooser MAXIM chip needs to have the power cut when not in use (it doesn’t have a low power standby) so that’s what all the additional components are for on the TK61 board ( logic circuit to kill power to the driver part of the board). Again I’m diligently working towards this stuff (and its high priority) but right now I’m just so busy I can’t give any tentative dates.

Thanks, CK!

so…digging up a bit of a old thread, but did any driver make it into production for the courui? im in need of a driver and this sounds awesome…

I don’t think CK ever finished it, and it seems he’s bailed out of BLF entirely - I see activity from him on other forums but he’s stopped answering my emails. Seems to be his normal pattern unfortunately

Ohh well…looks like ill just have to keep looking for a suitable driver then…