Budget 1500 Lumen

Besides “cheap/budget” not being clarified what does “must take 18650” mean?
The Thorfire S50 will blast out much more then 1500, proven and takes 18650 and is budget for what you get.
We need input.

Thorfire S50 will probably meet your needs. I’m using the slightly larger Thorfire S70 and brighter as a do everything cheap light it’s in 18650/26650 format. My neighbor above me Mr. Miller has a review of both attached to his comment.

the way he said “flood and throw”, i am unsure whether he means “zoomie” or “a reflector with THROW, but, some floodiness”

NOTE: i personally hate the “how much flood/how much throw” discussions and descriptions… its too much like 2 artists discussing whether a certain color mix is “more blue-green, or, more green-blue”

OP, you up yet? Dunno what time it is down under…

Hey!
check this OP

Not a good idea… the A6 is only 1,500 lumens for the first minutes or so.

Thorfire S50/S70 is a far better choice.

Ok guys.I am just going to clarifie that it Doesnt need to be 18650’s. Its just I have a few of the 18650’s so yeaaahh. Also I am not the most knowledgeable on modding and so forth. But I did do my first dedoming the other day ( With great results ). Btw I am 16.

Ok, so what’s your budget?

Throw and flood are opposites, which one matters most? Some floody lights have decent throw and some throwers have good spill but no lights have both in excellence. Zoomies make the attempt to get both but you may not like their compromises.

Phil

Thorfire S50 if you have two matching cells, very impressive with far throw and some decent flood.

Me budget is about 50 Australian Dollars.

Something like this would get you more than 1500 lumen: http://www.dx.com/p/fandyfire-r8-8-led-7000lm-high-bright-led-flashlight-blue-grey-4-x-18650-1-x-18650-charger-418888#.VwE0mI9OJhE

If you can wait until it is re-stocked, the Thorfire S50 [link] is your best bet.

Stock (no mods) it puts out over 2,000 lumens.

With a simple soldering modification, it’s a beast. [Simple mod]

It’s a few dollars over your budget, though. Request a discount code from “[Freeme]”:ENEDED or [M4D M4x] to get the lowest price.

And, in case you need a refresher, the following links are provided for your info:

That´s a no brainer if you drop the 18650 requirement and accept 26650´s:
Shadow JM35, the reflector generates a fantastic spot/spill ratio, nice spot, but also very much flood. It´s not a pocketable light though…

Choose between the two versions:

- MT-G2 version: perfectly neutral creamy white, more flood, easily 1600 lumens in turbo mode.

• XH-P 50 version: a bit more spot/throw than MT-G2, tint a bit more on the yelloish side, 1600-1800 lumens in turbo.

You need to buy good unprotected 26650 cells (keeppower IMR for example) for this light, if you want protected cells you might need to bridge the springs. But since the light has LVP, no worries to use unprotected cells.

I love my two shadows, best bang for the buck if you ask me.

K.

Agreed with the JM35, it’s a seriously underrated light. Can be found for as low as $29.99 using one of the discount codes.

Kusie, Will34:

Which form of the JM35 are you recommending, the 1x26650 or the 2x26650?

Hi,

depends on how important runtime is for your application… i´d recommend the single cell version as long as you´re aware that the max runtime is around 30 minutes in high. If you need more runtime get the two cell version, BUT it´s a bulky light then, PLUS it seems from the reviews that the new two cell version can NOT be run with just one cell (which is a pitty)…

K.

I like the single cell version better, the boost driver makes it very interesting. And because the LED isn’t driven very hard it can be run with a single 18650 as well. This is the same reason why there hasn’t been much talking about it anymore, at “just” 1,600lm is close to what a single XML or XPL can achieve.

The new ThorFire C8s is close. It’s $26 available from Amazon (in US, at least), single 18650, a good amount of flood to be useful for 40 or 50 feet (12 to 15 meters) and very good throw for at least 100 meters (first impression, haven’t really tested yet). Stock output is 900 lumen but two spring bypasses (about the easiest mod possible) would kick that up. I’m going to review it in day or so and Remang has a good review up today.

I see a Thorfire 50 in my future for sure.

Flashlights are like potato chips. It’s a sickness I think.

I never should have come over here from CPF. :smiley:

Bob