Budget Deals. X8 clone $15 (got it today)

If it’s only getting 1.35A to the emitter, heatsoak will not be a huge issue.

However I think with the stock driver, it is more efficient at lower currents. When I boosted the output on mine, it had a steady decrease in efficiency down to ~70% at 2.7A tail cap current.

Mine is like FMC’s. The pill sits on a very thin ledge and has little physical contact with the light.

So how did you fix that?

I ordered a champagne one from this seller:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEU-TrustFire-X8-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Taschenlampe-Handlanmpe-wasserdicht-/140863513078?pt=Stirn_Taschenlampen&hash=item20cc1ea1f6

Later on I found this thread :~
As I am new to modding, what kind of parts would you suggest to solve expected issues on the cheapo side? (with links)

It really depends on what you get when it shows up and what you want to do with it. Are you going to be modding it and if so with what?

If it’s the same one I got you can fix the thermal issue with tinfoil. I took strips of tinfoil and carefully folded them into wedges that I could jam down between the pill and the body. Air is your enemy when it comes to doing this. You want to fold the tinfoil and insert it so that as little air as possible gets between the folds and between the pill and the body. If you take your time you can wedge a ton of tinfoil in there and then the heat will transfer very well. It’s not a perfect solution but it’s more than good enough for the MT-G2 mod mine has no heat issues at all, but I really took my time with each fold and managed to get them all jammed in really tight.

I never fixed it myself - moved on to a MTG2-C8 build with the zener modded nanjg board.

Maybe someone else has had a go at a fix?