Budget Headlamp wanted (reviews please)

I guess you guys dont make it much easier for me

will keep on reading!

http://www.meritline.com/1-watt-superbright-led-headlamp---p-34457.aspx

I will recommend this headlamp it goes onsale for $6.99 with free shipping and that is when I got one. This lamp is very comfortable light weight and the mode selection is great it starts on low then high than flash. If you have read some of my threads I typically modify every light I get but this one I have left alone it works great as is has great run time as well and I can recomend it.

I really think Number 6 is the best and number 5 I don't like. If you can solder number 6 modified with this emitter will put out over 400 lumens and outperform light costing $50 dollars.

http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=11109

For similar ones you may take a look also at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CREE-Q5-LED-270-Lumens-Headlamp-HeadLight-W-head-torch-/280481414043?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item414dfebb9b

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-5-WATT-270-LUMENS-Headlamp-HeadLight-head-torch-W-/280517831522?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41502a6b62

I didnt bother any longer, and just bought a cheapie cheapo a la Dealextreme version (number 4)on ebay!!

if people have reviews on any of these lights, please post them in this thread, some people might find it useful in the future.

Thanks all!

I have two n. 5 and use them for more than 1 year and everything ok until now.

I just received two of #2 for $4.50 each (shipped) from BIC and they aren't too bad, especially for what I paid. They have 3 modes (H>L>Strobe) and they work very well. They have crappy XR-C emitters though and put out no more than 100 lumen on high. Flood is way too narrow and full zoom on a headlight is pretty useless. I will probably remove the red section to shorten the focus and make the flood wider at the cost of full zoom. I plan on it being a close range/trail light so who needs zoom anyway? It will be great to wear while soldering and such. I always seem to cast shadows when I'm hunched over things working on them and can never get enough light. You can even unscrew the lens and turn it into a mule to light up the entire room ahead of you. This should work out great and I have a spare. :)

srtbrazil: could you give a more detailed description.. does it have enough flood, runtime, brightness?

Johnnymac,thats a pretty good price, but M living in Japan, and are pretty restricted in buying things overseas.. so I mostly go the cheap vendors and Ebay route.

I don't think they're xr-c's, at least not the <$7 ones, just some cheaper chinese led.

I got a couple ebay 3AAA versions one at 9$ and another at 4.5 they are basicly the same light .. they have a oppretty decent low which i liked again a strobe ,,??WHY well for junk priced lights they are ok .. obviously Zebralights rule ..No one says they stink it's one of those universally loved item ,, that speaks volumes ..

Are you positive the P60 won't fit? I was under the impression that head lamp was the same as this one...

New-3W-aluminum-headlamp-initial-thoughts-and-pics

Aluminum-headlamp-for-P60-drop-ins

I am positive it is completely different inside, if you look at the picture I posted above there are two posts molded into the body that I screwed the emitter to that make it impossible for the P-60 drop in to fit in also there are no internal threads to hold it all together if I cut the posts out. I ordered the light in the CPF thread from Focalprice but they sent me the wrong one and KD is sold out so I don't know were else I can find that headlamp.

Thanks for the heads up.

I had mulled over getting one due to the info in the threads I linked...then they were hard to find for awhile and now it looks like it would be best to avoid one altogether.

Now Im so glad, I only ordered that cheap 3 dollar headlight from Ebay..and not the 10 dollar one.

Because they have an amazing deal going on here, (thanks agenthex and DD) for the Ultrafire UF H2..

So if anybody thinks about buying a nice headlamp, be quick!

Hi Happiness, yes it worked actually fine..
The one I bought actually doesnt have them anymore for 3, but 4.50

Other sellers have them for $3.. including shipping HERE