Budget Knife alert

I hope I don't get that email.

My knife was shipped one day after the alert.

On Ebay.de (Germany), a seller is offering the long-time sold out Sanrenmu 718. I ordered 2 of them. I think he ships to Europe only.

Just 4 of them fellow and about ~ $ 11.

I got the same email :(

I bought two more at 4.99 I will use it for EDC very nice knife looks better in real life than the photo. Tiny deal has a limited selection of other sanrenmu’s if they have a knife you like is will probably be the best shipped price on the web. Tiny deal delivery speed is about par to Manifont. You can find tiny deal cupons on retailmenot.com somtimes

Dreaded email received. :(

so unlucky about this...

Ordered 15 a couple weeks ago when this deal was on. Got a backorder email, then a shipping confirmation. Should be arriving soon.

Boom:

Large family, or you like to be prepared?

Preparation is always good. But the back story is I have a manufacturing business (gun cleaning accessories), wholesale and retail, so I am well equiped to turn around/ship product. I have sold some knives on ebay to fund the flashlight/knife hobby. But I still like to keep a few extras on hand.

718 arrived, they are original SRMs and I like it better than 710 ,704, 703. Very slim knife, with a thin FFG blade that turns into convex near the edge. No wonder they made such a fuss in the British blade forum about it back in the days... been searching that one for almost a year now.... worth the waiting. Clip is very stiff though. Why SRM stopped producing them is absolutely beyond me. Ordered another one.

For anyone waiting for the Tinydeal Sanrenmu 704 I would recommend the Sanrenmu 738 with the carbon fiber inlay for $10.51 shipped. It is also a very well made gentlemans folder, I know it is twice the price, but it is also twice the knife IMO. It is among my favorites I like it better than my 710 and 763. It has dual thumb studs also. Fit and finish and machining, qualities are superb for the money.

Got mine today. Ordered 11/13, arrived 11/22, wow that was quick!

Nice little knives. Good quality, as usual for SRM.

Thanks to grandelfe!

The 738 is the best Sanrenmu out there.It is twice the knife.

All of my 704s arrived a few days ago. I did initially get that "we have some inconvenience" email, ignored it, and they came. All good.

This looks like a sweet deal. $13.50 on exduct.com. Your opinions? Here is the link.

http://www.exduct.com/Bee-Enlan-Knives/EL01D-Enlan-Pocket-Knife.html

enlan

[quote=LIght_Of_Day]

This looks like a sweet deal. $13.50 on exduct.com. Your opinions? Here is the link.

http://www.exduct.com/Bee-Enlan-Knives/EL01D-Enlan-Pocket-Knife.html

My 1st Elan EL-01A came last week, they are very nicely made, mine is G10 on the handle about $3 less without the holster, also it is maybe a flea hair below Sanrenmu QA but well worth the money. This family is a larger blade just beyond 3 inches, so not legal to carry in some states, like mine 8-( still a great collectible, around the house, or as a camping knife. ~Rob~

I ordered my first knife, a Sanrenmu 738 as recommended here, from tinydeal for $10 :)

[quote=nitelight]

Hey Rob, I know you have mentioned before that you can not carry a knife over 3 in. in Michigan..I think you are misunderstanding the laws in our State..I have carried 3" and above for over 30 years and have never once had an issue when pulled over (rare) by an officer and he asked me if I had any weapons. See the law here, it is very vague I know, but you can not carry a knife that is 2 sided, auto opening or if you are "Carrying with unlawful intent" a knife over 3 in. in length..so if you commit a crime against another person and your knife is over 3 in than you will be charged..hope this helps, so buy away!Steve

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100823002706AA2Fs8R