Budget knives dealers all in one

If anyone's interested Leatherman is releasing a pair of low-cost multitools to compete with the Chinese makers later on this year. They're called the Wingman and Sidekick.

I would not be surprised if they are made in China.

Leatherman's already stated that they're going to be US-made tools, so no.

Not a copy - SRM make knives for many well known brands. The knives sold on websites like exduct are the same products but unbranded and ment for sale in China market/area only.

SZWS also carry lots of knives: http://www.szwholesale.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=knife&page=3&osCsid=fe63677f20d84d3f9c800bc300778611

Thanks.

I got my Sanrenmu 763

And it's a cool little knife . I've been EDCing a Gerber Vallotton for a couple of years and the 763 is about the same size . The knife arrived in good condition and it's razor sharp . I'm very pleased with the bargain I got from Bestofferbuy and I appreciate all the info I got from this thread .

Thanks , budget knife guys!

Sorry, unless Ganzo moved their production to the United States, it's a knockoff. The H&K 14205 is made by Benchmade in the US.

Doesn't mean it's a bad knife, though.

Exduct has restocked the Bee Folding Knife L05-1 ( Review) but it is already almost sold out again. Bought one...

Fair enough.

The problem I was highlighting is that many on knife forums have been slagging SRM off saying that they make copies of this and that.

We now know that many good brands use SRM to make products for them to rebrand. Sal (Mr Spyderco) has confirmed they use SRM. Have a look at Boker knives and then look at SRM, you'll see what I mean.

I must get a SRM... the 963 will probably be my choice.

You're kinda preaching to the choir here. I have three SRMs that I use all the time.

As it is, I did a major consulting project for a client in the sporting knife industry that ended about three months ago and SRM was one of the OEMs they were looking at. As far as I know CRKT, Boker, Fenix, Buck and a few other better known American brands use them as a manufacturer in China.

Ganzo, Enlan and Navy are separate companies from SanRenMu, though. It's tough to describe, but if you ever hold knives from each company in your hand the fit and finish as well as the style of manufacture is different. I wouldn't specifically say better or worse, but definitely different.

Just ordered 5 more 763s

My fishin buddies all wanted one

It isn't. Nor is it compatible with mine....

Well, I broke down and ordered a few of the different axis lock models. I've got a couple Benchmades with it that I like and I was really interested in trying that mechanism on some budget knives.

A 763 showed up today. Immediately on handling it I could feel that it was well-made. The matte finish is consistent and the fact that I can neither see nor feel irregularities or gaps between mating surfaces suggests that they take their manufacturing tolerances seriously. The blade has a nice satin finish and arrived shaving sharp; it'll push-cut paper effortlessly.

Compared to a BM 940 Osborne the lock spring is stiffer, the bar tilts more during one-sided actuation and it requires a little more travel to disengage. This makes it significantly more difficult to deploy or close from the lock one-handed & one-sided. I'm pretty sure most of that is the spring, which should break in a bit over time. Performing a one-handed open or close using a pinch grip to grab both sides of the lock at once is smooth as butter, though.

I don't think I like the sharp angles on the body or the thin exposed metal forming the lanyard attachment. It gets a little uncomfortable. The pivot also appears to be secured with thread lock. I'll need to break that loose and reapply in order to adjust it a bit as the pivot is a little stiffer than I'd like.

Being that I'm comparing this 763 to a $200 knife I'd say it's doing very well for itself.

The other knives I've ordered have more streamlined handles so I'm really looking forward to them now.

I'm still waiting for my knives so what do I do?

I ordered 4 more knives.

What have you guys done to me?

Check out the 1st link. It's an UltraFire folding knife so you know I had to buy it.

http://www.priceangels.com/UltraFire_705_Manual_Release_Folding_Knife_p1739.html

http://www.priceangels.com/Stainless_Steel_Sharp_Manual-Release_Folding_Knife_with_Clip_Silver_Black__p18525.html

http://www.priceangels.com/Stainless_Steel_Manual_Release_Foldable_Pocket_Knife_with_Glass_Breaker_23CM_Full_Length__p13407.html

http://www.priceangels.com/Stainless_Steel_Foldabe_Pocket_Knife_with_Wooden_Style_Handle-Silver_16CM_Full_Length__p13425.html

Saved you quite some money on knifes you probably did not even need (probably already had some for fishing). LOL!

This chinese merchandise can be a serious psychological disorder. More often than not you end up buying things you actually would not have even considered but you get "blinded" by the exquisite prices. I have two knives now. Did not own one (exacto/precision knives don't count) in the last 15 years up to now. Already looking for anothrr one. :/

This is ridicolous. Much more with flashlights!

Also buying my 3rd multimeter...

It's an addiction lets face it. Much healthier (if you actually don't exaggerate) than many other widely present (alcohol, drugs (homeopathy) , narcotics, nicotine, TV...)

LOL Before I bought all of these knives, I had a Gerber (10+yrs.) with 3 replaceable blades and 3 or 4 filet knives. Oh and a SOG Flash 1 that Norm giftedSurprised me.

This is definitely better than drugs and alcohol...oops....just drugs. :bigsmile:

Knives have the nice attribute to be easily sold if you get bored with them. Don't have the same aging problem as flashlight have. A Cree P4 flashlight by today standards would have lost quite alot in value. A knife would not.

That's good to know.

Knife actually make really great gifts. I used to give Rough Rider knives away to friends and especially children/adolescents. Now it's Sanrenmu.

Love this shit.

p.s. I received my 763, 728 and 605 a few days ago.

All have excellent build quality and perfectly symmetrical edges, which I sometimes didn't find on 100 USD knives

the 605 is friggin awesome. very small, but extremel< ergonomical. the perfect EDC when you need a knife only occasionally. If need to use a knife a few times a day, get something bigger with an axis lock. will order a few of these babies. sadly none of the HK-Shops stock them.

the 763 is stunning. Axis lock great as ever, I love the bottle opener. However, its a bit too small even for my delicate hands. will probably give it away.

728 looks very nice, is extremely light, and will serve as gentleman knife. I don't even need a gentleman knife, but who cares.

I'll order the Enlan EL02. Axis Lock, good size. Blade possibly a bit too thick, but what can you do. Very similar to my favourite knife, the RSK1 doug ritter griptilian, which I love, but was expensive and had abyssimal heat treatment.