BUDGET "must haves" please contribute your favorites!

Thought this might be a good way to make a semi-comprehensive list of BUDGET light MUST HAVES for us all. Please note size (ie) C8, multi-emitter, P60, ect. As well as battery size and a link if possible. Have fun!

Sipik SK68! A 1AA/14500 zoomie for around $5 or less!!!
http://search.focalprice.com/search?keyword=sk68&categoryid=

DIY - Ultrafire S5. single emitter, CR123, XM-L, 8x7135

:beer:

My vote is the Jacob A60, Convoy L4 and probably the Supfire M6

Uniquefire G10 single mode. About $13, bright, AA or 14500, clickie and its very pocketable.
Plus its fairly easy to mod it to direct drive should the driver crap out.

Tank007 E09. 3 modes. Works with 10440. Excellent build quality too.

Convoy S2.

i4

Would LOVE some links if possible, so we can all “look at it” :slight_smile: A picture is worth a 1000 words!

Small sun ZY T08…must have budget thrower and good mod host…

An Xin TD C8. Not exactly low budget but not super expensive either.
I think this is the best value “keeper” single 18650 flashlight there is.

I think Convoy L4 is even better than C8.

Akoray K-106 modded with a nichia 219b. Sweet budget light.

My signature is basically my list of recommendations. However, many of those items probably don’t count as “budget”. So… the budget torches I’d recommend:

• L3 Illuminations L10 (Nichia 219 model, preferably with 4 modes): Great EDC, and the first light I reach for lately. Wonderful beam color and shape. The add-on clip helps too.
  • DQG Tiny AAA IV: Great keychain/backup light, smaller and nicer than most AAA lights. Preon P0 could be good too.
  • XinTD C8 V4 or later (I got a neutral white with 4 modes): Nice budget thrower and large-ish general purpose light.
  • Convoy S# series tube lights (any/all): Depends on your uses; I use mine mostly for biking. DX has a cheap handlebar mount made of rubber and velcro.
  • Sipik SK-68 or clone (of course): A classic. Dirt-cheap, smallish, and versatile. Great for gifting.

And I’m very fond of my CNQG/FFL “brass beauty”, but I don’t think it’s available for sale any more. Very small 1x18650 light, beautiful, and well-made.

Plus, of course, some of the more expensive lights. I consider a Zebralight H51 or H52 to be a “must have”, but even the old model is still at least $45 or so.

Cheap flexible AA - Sipik SK68 - around 6$ or less

Good allround light for the money- Convoy M1 - Around 21$ with the XM-L2 emitter of you choice (preferably something around a "5" tint)

Compact thrower - ZY-T08, around 22$

SRK - Around 35$

Some may not be super cheap. But those 4 lights should cover most situations, they are great value compared to rivals , have good runtime, can be modded, , and they fit in your pocket.

I4 charger, around 20$

That's a charger.

Convoy S2, M1 and C8, all as hosts, configure your own. All that's left is a really good thrower.

Perhaps a C8 with a smooth reflector?

I agree. Love this light.

Kiadomain.com has a smo reflector for low cost.

xintd c8 v4 from intl outdoor (80 cri is my fav emitter tint)
ultrafire hd2010
skyray king