Budget thrower advice

K1 is a budget thrower? BLF, what did you do… :person_facepalming:

well compared to LEPs…its quite budget

Are there budget LEPs? :stuck_out_tongue:

k1 is a budget LEP, essentially

I think I’ll self-impose a maximum of one flashlight on the way from Hank rule… D4V2 coming soon :smiley:

ya im getting k1, go big or go home

Why YES THERE IS ! its the Non branded LEP sold by Neal from nealsgadgets OR Vin from skylumen ! The price with discounts sits around $150~ usd ! which is a hell of a bargain !

That’s more expensive than any flashlight that I have. But it’s cheaper than buying half a dozen budget flashlights… :innocent:

Really? Whats it called? Is the quality good?

It might be this one?

It’s begs for a regulated driver, but otherwise, I think the build is appropriate for the price (relative to leps) and practical frequency of use.

INDEED ! It’s really impressive for the price for an entry into the LEP space for the price it out performs smaller LEP’s by a large margin falls off compared to the larger LEP’s but also consider the price $150.

I might need to fill in a bunch of forms to get approval from my government to import a LEP. Even then… I wonder if it’s legal in my state. :stuck_out_tongue:

hm…810kcd, vs k1 650kcd, i feel like k1 wins this one by better value

Anyone suggest manker MC13, acebeam l17 or l18? I just found out about those type of lights and want to try one.

What sort of emitters are in your C8/L6 at the moment? And how big/small a light are you after?

As a fellow Brit, I’d like to recommend the Noctigon KR1 from Int’l Outdoor.

$50 so well within price.

I went with this emitter option:
W2 (Osram CSLPM1.TG): 1300lm, Lux: 100Kcd (100,000cd)

I know there are lights with bigger cd’s being mentioned. But I’m truly impressed with this light. It is super compact and the beam is brilliant.

It easily out throws my modded 3amp XP-G2/3 C8’s.

I also own an Olight M3XS-UT Javelot. Which is rated at 1200 lumens and 250,000cd. But the reality is, the little KR1 lets me see very almost as far, but with a nicer beam and tint.

KR1 with a Maglite XL200 for size comparison:

And here with some other lights, including a C8:

Now I will admit I’d very much like to get the Noctigon K1. I’d go for the same W2 emitter I think.

But obviously yes, it does cost more money.

I’m just super impressed with the little KR1. It is probably the most impressive torch I’ve bought in the past 6/7 years!

I do have an asperhic thrower running a de-domed XP-G2. This does easily out throw the KR1 and the M3XS-UT. But I find the pencil beam on that is a bit too small to be very useful.

I have a Manker MC13 Red and like it!

Thats the conservative reading Vin’s version which is the same as neals besides the “Sky Lumen” branding produces 1.1m CD, The one I got from neal on my lux meter tested roughly 1.07mcd.

Convoy L21a CULPM1.

I have the Convoy L21a CULPM1 on order. I have heard it produces 2300 lumens (8amp driver), and also heard it reaches up to 1300 meters (technically speaking), so for 45 usd, pretty much a steal (and leaves you money for the 21700 you will need). Best thing i have seen except the K1 except at half the price. Ill post a pic of the beam (they are hard to find shots of). it should be in this week.

whats the kcd on that?