Budget thrower advice

LOL, atta boy! (or girl, sorry. not trying to make assumptions).

Also, what sale? Im curious now. and another also - i aways thought that the V6 would make a great host for something else…. maybe xhp50… (if thats possible), or even a 3000k xhp35… i think you made a wise decision :smiley:

Received L21A CULPM1 last night! Its… AWESOME. I haven’t been able to get a good beam shot with it since its been raining here for 36 hours… but It easily throws the same as my FT03s, although not quite as bright. But very impressive. I already spotted 3 coyotes last night in the backyard! Luckily the light made them run as they were within 50 yards… Not a huge distance but my backyard is more woods then open space… Will post beam shots soon once i can get to large open space-compared to ft03s, kr1, ft03 sst40, whatever else i can for whomever is interested.

amazon.ca, 81 CAD, it seems it does indeed throw a bit better than my ft03 xhp, but i think sst40 should throw more than v6, v6 sits in between the two

yes compare to every thrower you have!

Any update on those beam shots? I’m dying to see them!

I’ve been away from this forum for a while and from buying any new lights. The Covid social distancing thing has kept me around the house more (and I’m bored) so I bought a few lights recently. One was a flood type of light and one was the Astrolux ft03.

A few years ago I bought some light to mod and put in an aspheric just for pure throw with no flood. I took out the reflector and ground down a bit of a glass aspheric I had so it’s now in the 40 mm diameter range.

Tonight I was looking on Amazon and saw the Uniquefire 1508 with a white light pill (most oare IR) and a 75mm head (outside diameter). I hear the actual aspheric diameter is more like 69mm.

You can use either one or two 18650 batteries in this light. I have no real use for this light but it’s always fun to see how far you can get a focused beam like that to throw. It’s technically a “zoomie” but not of the push/pull variety. You just screw the head in or out. I didn’t buy this for the flood but it’s nice to have some room for focusing the beam. With an aspheric sometimes it’s fun to defocus it a bit to get a rounder spot although it doesn’t throw as far when you do that obviously. I don’t see defocusing it so much as to turn it into a flood light though.

I’m still spending close to $100 which is expensive for a Chinese light but I didn’t want to order it from China and have to wait so long. I was able to order all parts from Amazon with delivery in several days. To avoid ordering from China I had to buy the light as an IR light with a 67 mm head, plus a 75 mm head, plus a white light pill. All are meant to be interchangeable.

Lights like the Astrolux ft03 are fun when out in the country/hiking as the bit of flood is helpful walking around. I live in the city (suburbs) and flood just draws attention or could bother the neighbors so an aspheric is always fun to have and this one should throw further than the one I currently have so that’s the only justification for this particular purchase. I’ll just blame it on Covid boredom:) At least I don’t have to do any “work” on this one. No soldering, no grinding. Just “plug and play”.

2300lm is for the SST-40 version, the Osram emitter (CULPM1.TG is used I think?) version is the one that can hit 1300m of throw.