Bulb paint to increase colour temp

I don’t think it’s paint so much as a coating.

Lookit what the “Reveal” (GE?) bulbs have on the inside of the glass. That’s supposed to tweak the spectrum to be more flattering vs plain ol’ incandescent light, and has a pale bluish color to it.

So maybe searching for what’s that coating on Reveals might be of some help.

From the gereveal.com website:

As our best quality of light, our bright white light bulbs, also known as reveal® HD+, filters out dulling yellow light to give you incredible color contrast and whiter whites for exceptional clarity.

Filtering out yellow light, whiter whites, blah blah blah. Sounds like it, no?

when i was a kid i used to paint bulbs with watercolors, the same ones that are sold in craft supply stores for kids art classes. did not have any issues with bulbs, no fires, no bulbs burned. , in fact some paints i was not able to wash off, it is like they etched into glass envelope, thou it was over 40 years ago, not sure if modern paints are the same.
GE used to have Reveal series bulbs, they had frosted blueish glass, and its light did look cooler. thou it was pre inc, bulbs phaseout, have no idea if they are still made.

Here’s some good info on the coating on incan light bulbs, exactly as @alpg88 mentioned: https://people.brandeis.edu/~sekuler/SensoryProcessesMaterial/colorRenderingLight.html

Do be cautious about the CRI claims in this article.