Can I turn a Solarforce L2t into a thrower that is good for 100+yards?

I want to turn my L2t into a thrower for spotting deer in fields. Is there a way to turn it into a better thrower than what it is now. I have one of E1320 3 mode modules and a few others that I could use, but they don’t seem to throw far enough. Are there any modules that throw further or would a different lens help or . Thanks!

To make it a true thrower, you will likely need to go with an aspheric lens and XR-E/XP-E LED.

The best lens around for such a conversion isn’t cheap (ahorton lens) at around $25, but there are other less-pricey alternatives available. Check out some 28mm lenses on DX or Manafont for those.

You could put a Masterpiece Pro head from solarforce on it.

No problem use this lens

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/glass-optics-for-flashlights-28mm-5297?item=4

with a hard driven XRE drop in behind it like this one

I can see well over 100yards through a 3-9x40 scope with mine

Yep. That’s what I’m using in my L2’s that I’ve converted to aspheric. I paint the reflector matte black to cut down on the ringy beam that results from the standard smooth reflector. You can actually used an OP reflector if you paint it black. The DX aspheric lenses are patchy in quality but they do the job. I’ve shot foxes with one of these lights out around 180m.

+1 on the DX aspheric. I’ve heard that recent batches tend to be very inconsistent in quality. Mine is decent, not great. With a hard-driven XR-E EZ900 R2 emitter, a P60 host, matte-black reflector, and the DX aspheric, I get a very compact light with a hotspot intensity roughly on par with my TR-1200.

Keep in mind that this combination gets you a very narrow and focused beam that is all hotspot with no spill. Still an impressive little light though…

I’m actually looking to sell my prototype L2m from this build - First Real Aspheric Build. I could even swap out the emitter for a R2 so that it’s just as bright as my final build. I used that one down in Arkansas last week and it worked great for spotting deer.

As Langcjl says, just put the MPP1 head on it, easy!

For those so inclined check out the Surplus Shed

www.surplusshed.com

They carry LOTS of lenses in every type and all for cheap.