Can you recommend a budget monocular?

lol, I actually was interested in the 12x25 version originally but then came this steal deal and solved everything.

I have no problem holding them steady and would like even higher magnification basically but the loss of light and angle are also to be considered.

And yes, the link you provided shows what I own now. Hehe, it makes me happy seeing the Euro price since I just moved to Los Angeles 2 months ago from Austria and everything is soooooooo much cheaper here plus no Zoll (no customs taxes)! I got the thing for 50-60 Euros brandnew.

Do you know if the seller ships to Europe?

That was a one time auction and even for that I had to use my wife's US ebay account since my EU based one was not illegible for any bid or offer.

Vortex Viper 6x32 (the original, it's not the new "HD" model) looks tempting for $275 if you wear glasses.

Eagle Optics Ranger SRT 6x32 Binocular for ~$180 is also interesting with an eye relief of 19.5mm

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/1xDcS6XQerM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

I have found that anything over 7 or 8 at the most with an objective of less than 30mm does not have the brightness for late evening or early morning.

Jerry

I posted some good prices on nikon binoculars on the other subforum:

It’s been a while but having recently got my $46 Nitecore EA4w from fasttech I was pleasantly surprised to find that the holster for it is a perfect, snug fit for the Vortex monocular. It fits like it was made for it, in fact even better than it fits the EA4 itself.

There’s another reason to get one if you haven’t already :wink:

It took me a while to notice your post, but you are right my EA4W pouch fits a lot better than the one that came with the Vortex monocular. I searched for similar pouches and maybe without the outer seams. BTW I went the cheap route with the binos and bought some compact Nikon Sport Lite 10x25 5° for ~33€, which is good enough for me.

Hi, Check this link out, since you didn’t mention what power and what use for your monoculars. This site has lots of them and there are reviews of many, by people who purchased them.

http://www.mayershops.com/hd-adjustable-16x52-monoculars-66m8000m-p-118.html

Budget optics usually are not worth what you get.