Candy Red C8! (powder Coat)

That translucent effect looks great!

Very impressive! I’d love one in translucent electric blue!

If you don’t mind how are you applying the powdercoating?

I have been watching how the re-loaders have been doing it by putting the powder in a Tupperware container and shaking it. It seems like it would not make a supper consistent coating.

A Chrome finish would be wow wow

I hate you… that is so beautiful, but I can’t justify $70 for a Convoy host…

Applied with a powder coating gun. I’m not even sure how it would stick with the method you mention (powder coating requires the part to be charged for the powder to attract)

It’s not the host your paying for, it’s a custom paint job

Oh, I don’t doubt the value. I just can’t justify it right now. It’s on my list now…. I want that Cherry Red, 18350 SO bad…

Btw, how much for both tubes?

They are not seperate at the moment, you can order either a C8, S2+ 18350 or a S2+ 18650 I will list the 18350 tubes separately soon

James

Candy Red has always been a favorite of mine. My Toyota Camry is Candy Red. (Ok, so Technically it’s Ruby Flare Pearl, but still…)
THAT is one beautiful flashlight! Absolutely LOVE it!

I really like the candy red! I want to try the candy green as well

Can’t wait to see the candy green. The red is fabulous 3T……!!!

Between flashlights and Yeti insulated SS cups you could make a fortune doing that coating! :slight_smile:

My friend does this on a big scale - he started off small and was losing money constantly. You waste roughly 20 % of your powder on small items, especially individual items.
My guess is James will be making very little on this, bearing in mind his time spent/buying the setup and powders as well. He may make a fortune one day (and I hope he does, very nice guy), but not doing individual flashlights.
Oh, lovely work btw!

:money_mouth_face:

I think someone already does the Yeti flasks, I’m not one for stealing ideas!

I’m proud of coming up with ideas myself :slight_smile:

Time is the main issue, I do this on my own, I don’t have anyone helping me and have a full time job as well, each light takes 2-4 hours total. That I do on my days off or after work. It would be good to make a fortune so I don’t have to go to work :money_mouth_face:

You said it better than me!

There’s not much money in it just doing these hosts, especially with the BLF discount

Once you add up materials, consumables, taxes, website costs, and mainly time.

I hear ya.

So, all that said, and as beautiful as that C8 is, it just really makes me wonder what a honking big Olight SR-90 Intimidator would look like with such an elaborate and luxurious color scheme? :smiley:

Probably pretty cool! :smiley:

Not sure either, but this and a few related vids show what they are doing. Some are adding airsoft BB’s to increase the static charge?

Candy Apple Red Triple Nichia SM403 4000k @ 12+ amps at the tail, Copper C8 kit from our prestigious member Kiriba-ru, (2) Noctigon 32mm boards, one of which was stripped and both soldered together, then the pill potted for thermal transfer, with Glow-On GITD vinyl tape for a added bling effect after lights out!