Candy Red C8! (powder Coat)

Hot Sticky Sweet!

Nice light with an impressive output in high CRI! (1500lm?) why did you need an extra copper board? Wasn’t kirabu’s kit tailor-made for this exact Convoy C8?

My candy red S2+ shorty host came in yesterday. James was so generous to give me a bonus 18650 tube with it. The coating was not perfect, the thickness varied a bit, but still the looks and feel are extremely nice. I’m still in doubt what led(s) to use. About the (great) colour: it goes a bit in the direction of cherry, on my Xperia phone and my Apple monitor the colour looks almost correct, my Samsung tab4 (that makes everything warm-ish) shows the colour too dull, towards bordeaux, which is not how it is.

My kit was a tad short for this light, I knew it going in. I can sand smooth and polish the optics face and still make contact, press fit, when tightened. I like being able to fit everything myself!

I believe the other/new kits have been corrected.

Seems Brighter than 1500lms? I have another double 32mm Noctigon board loaded with XP-L W2’s, I was going to put into this Hot Rod Red light, but I’m really liking the Tint and CRI!!! :wink: But then I can never leave good enough alone!! :person_facepalming:

That looks awesome!!!