CAUTION Nitenumen NE01 overcharging

My NE01 Charging up to 4.18 volts, but the red light stops flashing to 3.92 Volt. I leave her to recharge and after about 30 minutes arrives at 4:18 and then remains stable. The battery is a 2500mAh EagleTac protected.

The 2600 battery is smaller then the NCR b in width and length. The light use to be $29 from amazon and when they went to the NCR b it went up to $34 dollars. Glad you could see through the wrapper. If you look at the button top and vent holes on the 2600 mah it looks like nothing like the NCR b top and vents. You got the good battery

So that explains it. I was PO’d when they increase the price, now I’m a Happy Camper!

So I tried the internal charge with the included NCR18650B…

Started charge at around 3.8v …no “twinkle” of red light, blue light only (on steady) during charging. When I finally pulled it, it read 4.22, not sure if charging terminated or not, the status light sure doesn’t tell you.

Didn’t want to let it charge any further while I slept. I’ll have to try again, I’ll post my findings when I do.

…………………

…………………

I’m kind of curious if I tried a cell that was below 3.5v if the red charge indicator light would “twinkle every 1.5 seconds” (or how low the voltage would have to be to get the red twinkle, if ever) And maybe it then goes to blue around 3.7 - 3.8 volts?

Either way it sure doesn’t do what the owners manual states:
When charging finished N17 stop charging with the green light on

…………………

…………………

When I bought the light I figured I’d never use the internal charge function anyhow and I probably won’t, but I’m curious to see how this pans out and what Soonfire has to say. Regardless of the shortcomings of the USB charger so far I’m still lovin’ this little tank of a light. But I feel bad for anyone who bought this with the intention to use the charge function.

Yea i just changed the LED in mine to a XPG-2 i only had 2 LEDs on 16mm board the XPG-2 or a XPL-HI the light isn’t worth a XPL-HI the emitter is about $10 dollars and the light cost like $25 its not to hard to do you just have to make every thing fit the tint is better now just the MCPB keeps moving so i can align it perfect i will but arctic silver to fix it soon.

So is the MCPCB 10mm? If so you must have did a good bit of filing to get the 16mm to size. Can you drill holes for the screws? Please let us know if you get it properly centered and focused.

The Nitenumen was $19.99 from gearbest on the recent flash sale, so $30.00 for a MH20GT clone isn’t bad at all, and for some even $35.00, considering the nitecore goes for $100.00.

……………….

A of BLF member in Spain and another it the UK said they de-domed the stock LED with the gasoline trick, after unsuccessfully getting the reflector to properly focus and center with an Noctigon XPL-HI:

Posts #10 & #18 in this NE01 review thread (post 10 has some good photos)

Sounds like a good idea, and I believe you end up with a warmer (or more neutral) tint. If I see it again for $19.99 I might buy another one to mod.

hey mate it appears to be 16mm but is cut down for some reason but a 16mm MCPB fits easy. It is centered okay not the best yet i need to use adhesive thermal paste no screws in my light! I feel the light is made really dodgy i know its cheap but its sub par with other lights at this price range.

Other thing is i changed the LED because with the XML2 the light gets really hot on high but with the XPG2 on a Noctigon it stays really cool which helps. output still isn’t amazing maybe 700-800 lumen same as the XML2

I totally agree. I regretted ordering it before it even arrived. For less money, the Convoy C8 has superior fit and finish, and screams quality. But it is smaller and easier to EDC. Hence it’s not in my garbage can. Yet.

Well if you ever do get the urge to just toss it, I’ll pay shipping fees and I’ll take it off your hands

I’ll keep you in mind. For now though, it has the size advantage that makes me hold on to it.

I’m waiting for my 18350s to arrive for my shorty Astrolux S1 for EDC. If that pans out, I’ll pm you.

Its not the worse light ever . I just looked up when i got mine was in may and it hasn’t seen much use because of its size its still a little to big for my personal EDC the emitter tint is way to white my lens is tarnished discolored and i haven’t done any thing to it. if it was a 1000 lumens it would be okay but the output is lower i can get almost the same output from a 16340 or 14500 light but with less run time of course.

I forgot i also have a spare HC30 that is smaller and brighter then this light. right now this light is about 38 aussie dollars and i can get a HC30 for about 54 dollars.

$18.99 flash sale
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_349798.html?utm_source=mail_api&utm_medium=mail&utm_campaign=special.0625&eo=styljj77ntmgco4t&email=b2t8cG9tZmlzaEBwdGQubmV0fDcxMDg=

looks like it is good for 1 day yet.
HTH someone

Let it charge about 3 more hours today, it got up to 4.25v

Rechecked my Soonfire after reading this thread. It seems the blue light comes on at about 4.08v but the battery is still being charged, my Soonfire 2600mah battery ended up with a final voltage of 4.18v so it seems to be spot on.

Thank for posting, I was wondering if anyone got one that works correctly. Guess I’m about to find out how good Soonfire’s customer service is for getting a replacement, just in case I ever need to use the charge feature.

I have another Nitenumen one here that charged the battery up to 4.30v. Was going to five it away as it makes a great gift for a non 18650 user, but i feel it is unsafe to do so now.

How do I get a hold of soonfire? www.soonfire.com is no help (what the #%!@ is that?)

I know I can go through amazon for a replacement but I wanted to contact soonfire directly first to hear what they have to say about it (the USB charging problems)

EDIT: I’m going to try contacting them via the email address printed on the box, sale@soonfire.com, hopefully I get a reply …because the website www.soonfire.com has nothing to do with flashlights.

Hahaha that site…
Well when an email address is printed on the box it should be good.
I’ll check my Nitenumen box for you tonight, it seems the same company right.