cheap 1xAA (throwy) lights for kids

I’m pretty happy with my red $3.99 Banggood Sipik clone. Good quality, nice focused beam, and it also makes a good light box test subject while I play with the new camera :slight_smile:

what kind of camera?

I guess I should start looking beyond headlines :)

Canon Rebel SL1. I’m liking it so far, and getting into some kind of groove with it.

I just tried mine with an Eneloop and it works fine.

reading further about the SK68 here at BLF I found these, supposed to be running cooler and brighter than the average (?)

either way it looks like it's hard to fault the SK68 as long as you get it from a respectable seller (whether ebay or fasttech)

my kids will be happy (I already have two Nextorch headlamps on the way for them - very little info on these but they looked good for what they were) 8-)

And another recommendation for the sk68! In the under ten dollars category they are unbeatable in output, lightsaberness and robustness. And buy your kids a good Sanyo or Nitecore 14500, they work much better with them, and if you stay in charge of the charger , I can't think of any safety issues with them.

true dat :)

I am in fact just waiting for my first 14500's, two nitecore's from HKEquipment and 4 keeppowers from wallbuys (doingoutdoor no longer ships those to where I live) so I'll definitely give it a try when I order & receive those SK68's

The light you linked looks no different from the other sk68 clones, from what I heard is that the three-mode versions have less output than the 1 modes. And if you want decent output, the light runs hot, no way around that. But no sk68 clone I had died from overheating yet, they get hot but just keep running.

over discharge

I can recommend wallbuys (or banggood) zoomies.

(WallBuys.com is for sale | HugeDomains)

They are very well made and can be easily modded to remove next mode or change led…

Also this battery packet is an excellent choice for safe batteries and charging:
http://us.sanyo.com/Battery-Products/AA-2-Pack-with-USB-Charger (It shoud be available in Hungary too)

All I know that my relative kids love them 8)

I stand corrected here, you are right Bort, the sk68 just keeps draining the li-ions till death, even starts boosting when the battery gets under the led voltage... Will be fine if you replace the battery (and charge them soon enough) when the light gets dim, but that is exactly the kind of thing not to expect from kids.

But then, the nitecore's and the keeppowers have overdischarge protection, I guess that is reliable enough..

I only have / buy protected cells so that should not be a worry

This thread suxs. It just made me order another 3 mode sk68 clone (unikfire i think) from FT.

color me guilty :)

DX seem to have a better deal for 120lm Q5.

This? It's $6.23.. BG has both black or silver only $4.59 (with coupon blf)

$5.2 after BLF coupon at FT. It will be my car light after I play with it or use it as strobe at back of my bicycle.