Chinese spark plug = epic fail

Can anyone tell me what brand these plugs are sold under? Id just like to make sure I avoid them in the future. :bigsmile:

"Quality control is a slight problem."

Now that's a slight understatement.

seems legit

It saddens me that our lights are manufactured in these kinds of facilities. :frowning:

Anyone old enough to remember "The quality goes in before the name goes on" ? The Chinese never heard it before....

I actually watched a short documentary on this. It’s either the exact same factory(since they have streets of this) or a similar one.

My other hobby is modifying mopeds for about the past 20 years.
I’ve seen Chinese brand mopeds come and go during that time.
They used to come with NGK plugs, but now they use this Chinese brand called Spark.
I don’t know if Spark makes plugs for cars or anything else.
But as far as the one they make for mopeds, they are a piece of crap.
A friend of mine that has a moped rental business in Waikiki says they last about 3 months.
They’re used on a brand new line of mopeds he just recently brought in.
He’s been getting nailed with calls from customers stuck on the road.
When we found out why and switched back to NGK, the calls stopped.
The NGK’s that I use on my personal bikes last well past 2 years.
They’re actually still good when I change them and I know they could last a lot longer.
But I just change them out as preventative maintenance.

Those miserable chinese plugs sounds like they caused your friend and many others a lot of grief. They’d probably make for great slingshot ammo to fire at the idiots who made them. :wink: I have 3 old Honda trail 90s and 110’s from the 70’s and they keep on going. I wonder if the chinese peds will go the long run. I have serious doubts.

Whats your favorite ped of all time?

Actually I have 2 models from Japan (they’re not supposed to be in the U.S.) sssshhhh LOL
One is called a Honda G made in 1989
The other one is a Honda Super Dio ZX made in 1992
I’m also trying to get another Japan one from a friend of mine (that I convinced him to buy)
He doesn’t ride anymore and it’s just collecting dust at his parents house.
It’s the only one in the Hawaii. It’s called a Honda Giorno.

I don’t get the issue here, it looks like regular work to me.

This is why didn’t like machine shops here in America when I was a teen (many of which looked like this), it just isn’t an appealing place to spend your work day.

Thanks for the laugh. Unless youre 90+ years old, Id question whether you lived in the US during those years.

My cousin owns a big moped rental in Miami. He rents 100% overseas made mopeds and buys them by the the pallet. He said there so cheap in cost and quality he can afford junk them after 12-16 months and replenish with new inventory..

What an idiotic thing for you to post.

If you have a question about where I was working in those shops, or what years I’m talking about, then ask it, don’t just make a ridiculous and childish personal attack.

Right back at-cha! Anyone in the US that employees more than one person in an actual production shop (outside of a good ol boys basement or garage) would find your ridiculous comparison unfounded, grossly incompetent, rude and extremely offensive. As a founder, majority share holder and previous production manager of one of California largest specialty metal finishing companies, I have visited literally thousands of fab shops and their subs in the past 30 years and continue to do so. You dont speak from fact but pure nonsense. Production shops within the US that are sited with repeated hazardous environmental working conditions are shut down (usually permanently and immediately) at the first complaint. This has been that way for decades. I know what it takes to stay in business and comply as well as the nearly 80k business partners I do business with. The industry and its many associations does a damn good job of policing itself and takes pride in it. An OSHA inspector would have a field day if just a small portion of the offenses sited at the chinese spark plug factory were found on US soil. I still find myself laughing at your ridiculous statement. No offense but thats just how it is. If youve actually seen it yourself on US soil, then its your duty to report them… but I know for a fact that is very far and few between (aka: pure bullshit), because I have never seen it myself yet!

now i have to watch the video…

that has to be an extreme example, doesn’t it?
i hope…

You do know that you can have your opinions without telling others that they are lying about their own personal experience, and the country they live in, don’t you?

You made an awful long post about your 30 years of seeing inside of shops in regulation happy California.

My personal experiences in small machine shops and fabrication, and paper producing shops in Texas, during the 1960s are something that you know nothing about.

Like I said, this China shop looks like regular work to me, and if you think that the shops look too grubby or unpleasant as to have existed before your time in America, I can take you with me during my work as a plumbing contractor and show you much worse conditions, as we crawl around in the muck and dirt and wires, under old houses for 10 hours at a time.

You evidently have a lot more purpose in regards to this thread than simple discussion, but you can sure lighten up on the personal attacks.

Exactly, I was the warehouse manager for the largest electronics distributor in the state of Hawaii for 25 years. We were constantly dealing with surprise inspections by OSHA’s as well as fire inspectors. The fire inspectors mandated that all exit doors be kept free and clear of any obstructions, and that they remain unlocked from the inside. We had to install door opening alarms at a great expense to comply because the kind of products we were carrying grows legs and walks away (if you know what I mean). We also had to retrofit a sprinkler system in the facility because it wasn’t code when the building was built. The OSHA’s had a whole lot of agenda too. No shorts, proper shoes, gloves when needed, safety rails/chains on the mezzanine floor, proper storage for the forklift propane tanks, at least 1 person per every 5 employees had to take a CPR class, myself as well as my supervisors had to attend safety classes every year, etc. All of these rules are a hassle and many of them slow you down. But all it takes is one accident lawsuit that was caused from non compliance that will make you wish you did.

You know, it is real nice that you young guys live in a new world of OSHA (created in 1971), and of a mass of smothering rules and regulations of the recent years, but it has nothing to do with my PERSONAL experiences before your times, in the 1960s, and before the explosion of federal control and agencies, and lawsuits, and evidently the beloved OSHA.

It also has nothing to do with my personal view of what I am seeing in that shop, it looks like regular work to me, and I would work in it if I needed a job.