chx led ??? help

Hi all, i bought this flashlight and it came with a led called CHX fitted instead of the XML-T6, has anyone had one of these chx leds and how does it compare to the xml t6.

i would be grateful for any help before i complain to the seller. not sure about these things yet
as i have only just started out in the wonderful word of flashlights

great review.

atb, mike

Pics…of led

Why do you think it is a ‘CHX’ LED instead of an XM-L?

i took it apart to swap the metal ring for a oring, now it slides better.

i did google chx led but didn’t find anything. i will post a picture if it helps.

its a nice-ish beam, but could/should it better???

i will wait until the other one arrives before i contact the seller.
i bought the lights for mods, i wanted to see if i could use some olson black ir leds in them.

atb, mike

I think what RedForest meant was, how did you identify it as a 'CHX' LED? Is it written on the emitter itself, paperwork that came with the light, or...?

Maybe ???

yes sorry it was written on the led, thats all it says on it CHX and nothing else at all.

looks like a cheap alternative to save on costs.
atb, mike

The CHX is probably the manufacture name of the metal PCB that the LED sits on.

http://s831.photobucket.com/user/micheal40/media/led050_zps0eab4591.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3#/user/micheal40/media/led050_zps0eab4591.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3&\_suid=136562143095305478950354496991

http://s831.photobucket.com/user/micheal40/media/led050_zps0eab4591.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3#/user/micheal40/media/led038_zpsf93431ed.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4&\_suid=136562147201203037967623574664

hi all, this is the picture of the led thats fitted to the aleto.

atb, mike

Looks like an XM-L to me, that’s just the pcb manufacturer

Oooh, and that's a really poor PCB design, as well. The layer under the LED's thermal pad is tiny tiny tiny, most of them have the electrical contacts shrunk way down to leave room for the middle pad to spread out over as much of the baseplate as possible.

Looks like xml to me aswell…
The olight i6 has an xml and isnt even on a star as such,just a square piece of aluminium…

being new to flashlights i really am at a loss , so would i be right in saying the seller
has sold a really bad unit.

i am planning on putting the ir led in it because of the thrower anyway, but dont like being ripped off.

thanks for the help so far, atb, mike

not for $12.

Does it come on? All the modes work? Then no.

IMO - there isn't anything wrong with the PCB. It may not be the best quality but this is not a high quality type of light. So no, I don't think you should feel you got ripped off.

Good luck with the IR led modd. Laughing