Classic Bad Movies

Presenting the “so bad it’s good” movie thread. You know you’ve been wanting it, or if you didn’t, now you do.

From time to time, I may be putting up some unintentionally funny bad movies, and you are encouraged to do the same (I have quite a list now). We begin with a true bad movie classic from 1959 — “Grave Robbers from Outer Space,” later retitled and released as “Plan 9 from Outer Space,” directed by the man hailed by many critics as worst director ever, Edward D. Wood, Jr.

The priceless badness is made, not so much in the writing and plot, as in the execution and in the atrociously redundant and horribly written dialog. Yes, we’re talking iconically bad.

As I sit around bored with a second cup of coffee on my last night on the night shift (I begin the new job day after tomorrow! Yippee!), I decided to do a re-watch of this film. Believe me, watching this is worth it! So, wherever you are, turn off your cell phone, make some popcorn, and enjoy!

Sister Sensei

Trailer:

I haven’t seen it myself yet, but if the movie is as good as the music video they made for it, I’m sure I’ll be satisfied:

Oldies “attack of the killer tomatoes”

SHARKNADO!!!

there was also one about Santa being an alien, but I can never remember.

Ben (1972)

[quote=IMDb]

A lonely boy becomes good friends with Ben, a rat.

This rat is also the leader of a pack of vicious killer rats, killing lots of people.

[/quote]

Ben is a lame horror movie that isn't even remotely scary... and I liked it.

Let me give you a little backstory.

My sister and I had pet rats when we were teenagers.

As it turns out, rats can make great pets (though dogs and cats are much better.)

So when my sister and I saw Ben, we loved it.

I'm confident that the only reason we liked this movie is because it features tons of rats, and we like rats.

So if you don't think rats are cute, skip this horrible movie.

And if you do like rats, skip Ben's prequel Willard (1971) and the remake Willard (2003).

They pale in comparison to Ben.

Two different movies, both intentionally made bad.
First one, my Favorite, Deathproof starring Kurt Russell by written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.
Great car chases that were made without computers, good humor and violence.
Wife hates it which makes it even more enjoyable to me:)
She will be upstairs and as soon as she hears the backround music, she’ll yell down, what are watching that awful movie again?

Second one Robert Rodriguez’s Planet Terror, not as good but still cheezy enough.
Anyway, those are my votes for now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holy_Mountain_(1973_film)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_k8oaeHsnc (NSFW, obviously)

Any Which Way But Loose with Clyde the Orangutan…Clyde was the only real star in the show

Bronco Billy, Horrible movie!

Play Misty for Me

When Clint teamed up with Sandra Locke his movies went in the can, in a big way!

Just remembered, Any Which Way You Can was equally horrible to it’s predecessor movie. Ugh!

Troma must surely be a contender for making some ‘so bad it’s good’ films including the classic redneck zombies :bigsmile:
Classic theme tunes too.

This is a must see action film, “Deadly Prey”.

Who can forget Death Race 2000 …

I remember I saw the 1954 film Jail Bait, the 1967 film Journey to the Center of Time along with the classic Plan 9 From Outer Space in a bad movie marathon a couple of years ago.

I just Googled that film, and it looks hilarious! I’ll be watching it this weekend for a good laugh. Thanks!

Oh, and let’s not forget “Reefer Madness”. Hmmm… for some reason that one is, uhhh, like hard to, uhhhh, remember.

And might was well double feature it with “Glen or Glenda”

Howard the Duck

Reefer Madness was not filmed as a hollywood movie though, it was a church made film to be shown to parents, so it doesn’t really fit in with the Hollywood efforts.

Ohhhh, dude… don’t harsh my buzz…

Killer Clowns from Outer Space

Yes yes +1

Didn’t it get remade or am I thinking of something else

What hasn’t been re-made?