Cleaning your car's windshield from the inside

Roll of kitchen paper towel, dry cleaning… and don’t save on paper, just fold, clean, refold to clean part, clean, refold to clean part, throw, get another piece of paper, repeat until all parts are clean…

might be weird but i use the gas station squeegee, i make it damp not drenched with the liquid and wipe it then use a towel they have and wipe it off lol

to “Cleaning your car’s windshield from the inside”

:slight_smile:

However, a lot of people like to wash their car themselves and getting that road dust and grime off the windows without the water streaks can be tricky.

I use stoner invisible glass + newpaper. Then i wipe it again with a microfiber, the glass is so clear it does not even look like i have a windshield.

Being a smoker myself. I use whatever computer screen cleaning goop I find in the office and a microfibre glass cloth.

In London the air is filthy and this needs doing pretty much daily - I imagine places like LA would be worse.

Where I live about once a week is fine.

Autoglym glass polish http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=FE been using it for 20 plus years easy to apply, let dry then buff off with a piece stockinette

I used to do this maybe twice a year with regular cleaner for windows.

Now, I got a car that has been smoked in. 3 times but the tar/stuff wont come off…

So I should try alcohol to take grease off first?

Try vinegar in water.

What windscreen.

Get a motorbike and forget about cleaning the windscreen.

It would solve the problem of smoking too - I've never seen anyone successfully smoke on a bike, though I've known a few try who tried it - once.

I used to use windex & newspapers. A few years ago, I joined a car care forum and now I use windex with microfiber cloths. They say not to use windex cuz it can hurt your cars finish. So I now spray directly onto the cloth and not the windows. They say newspaper is not as effective as before because the ink is now soy based.

Also, with a microfiber cloth, I can clean the windows with windex, stoner window cleaner, armorall window and even plain water.

2 steps. First u remove the hazy layer with one cloth and finish off the wiping with another cloth. (don’t need to smoke to have hazy windows. I mean, that’s primarily the reason your inside windshield needs cleaning right? You turn ur AC off and all of a sudden you get a slightly foggy windshield….time to clean it. )

Now to check your work. Shine a bright flashlight 90º to the glass and you WILL see any leftover streaks. Much like how a flashlight lens can “look” clear but once you turn it on…. you see all the haze. Or you just finished with your car and you take a drive towards the setting sun and when that setting sun hits your windshield…bam! Streaks!

Not interested in bikes and especially not interested riding in winter :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, having imported a dozen cars from Japan I thought I had discovered the ultimate way to clean the ones that had been formerly owned by smokers and reeked. I would fill them with ozone (negative ion generators produce ozone) and run the heater fans to circulate the ozone (this is what the professional car detailing outfits often do). However researchers have found that ozone reacts with the nicotine to create ultrafine particles that could be a significant problem for people with asthma and other respiratory diseases.

Then, I would use those ceramic foggers that my spouse uses for her ornamental water ponds. You place a large saucer in the back seat, put distilled water in it, sprinkle pure peppermint oil on the water, and plug the fogger in. Start the car and turn the fan on high and run it for 30 minutes. The fogger creates a peppermint fog: it refracts the peppermint oil and the ventilation system draws the carvone molecules through the vents and the interior also gets ‘fogged’ at the same time. The carvones seem to neutralize the residue left from the smoking. I’m hoping that does not also create some sort of bad ultrafine particles, because that’s probably what I’ll do from now on and forget the Ozone.

DO NOT underestimate newspaper (because it’s cheap kind of paper it has a high percentage of lignine, the stuff f.e. trees are basically made out of, it’s a pretty tough material). You can add any kind of solvent to it, I recommend Alcohol. It cleans, polishes the surface without traces and is dirt cheap or free.

I ended up using Vinegar (10% acid blended to about 3-4%) and newspaper to rub with.

Worked really good, far better finish than with previous 3 times of regular windshield cleaner!!!
Almost perfect, just one stripe was left and that was user error :wink:

Thanks! 8)

Bambi was a male??? Talk about learning something new! Sheesh I just did! Lol

This stoner stuff works on nicotine covers windshield???

The best glass cleaner. Period.

http://www.spraywayinc.com/content/glass-cleaner

It is used every day in the windshield replacement industry. It is also one of the best solvents for removing dried blood from fabric and carpet. :wink:

alcohol, you need to dissolve residue of gassing of plastic, that is what creates a haze, dashboard gets hot in the sun, and it produces gases that make windshield hazy, it especially visible in humid conditions, defog temporarily helps, windex will temp make things better, but it only makes haze thinner and spreads it all over, it comes back soon after,

I’ve heard all great things about alcohol and newspaper. I will give it a try when the stores have enough alcohol back in stock. I couldn’t find any at all yesterday (rubbing alcohol).