Closed: 3rd Annual BLF Scratch Made Light Contest

Has been happening a lot for me lately.

..but this time I just didn't understand it correctly, I guess.

[quote=ImA4Wheelr]

^ Thank you. I will now commence planning proper.

[/quote]

^^ At this point I thought that you would be ok with "just be reassigned to the Machine Category with out any negative repercussions", but that was obviously a misunderstanding. I'm very sorry about that. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I'll do that right away, before I forget.

We would really love to see you joining / staying in the competition. But I also understand if you feel really bad about my misunderstanding, are not able to accept my apologies, and still want to be withdrawn. [In that unfortunate case, please repeat your request to be withdrawn.]

I appreciate your explanation and apology _the_ and, of course, accept them. I also appreciate your urging me to stay in the contest. I just don't have the energy to gin back up for it. So please withdraw me from this year's competition. You have a great group of competitors and prizes. So it will be a good and entertaining one. Best wishes on it.

Thank you for your kind words. I respect your decision and have now removed you from competition.

..but the competition is long - 67 days left - you can come back any time if you happen to regret your decision. :)

Hi Guys,

Here is my entry for the competition. Its showcasing the new Cree XHP-35, and a lot of hours of custom work.

Here goes for 3rd Annual BLF contest in hand made category.

We’ll see if I bit off more than I can chew? :slight_smile: .

New updates to my entry here: 3rd Annual BLF Contest - DBSAR's "End Of The World Light" -UPDATES-5 /09/09/2015 (in the OP.)
more updates coming soon on the LED sections of this build, and updates on the Prize offer of the Steam Pipe light replica.

Just updated my build again, ( updates #4) here: > 3rd Annual BLF Contest - DBSAR's "End Of The World Light" -UPDATES-5 /09/09/2015

The enormous amount of work going into some of the builds is amazing but it’s also nice to see some of the simpler projects come out clean and sharp too.

Lost for words. I dont know how you think of how to do what your doing but well done. Is it the better half maybe?

-New updates to the OP tonight of my nearly completed “Apocalypse Light”.

I have added a pretty good bit to mine recently. I updated it twice today.
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/34954

What a nice switch right at the end.

The head certainly breaks the mold on style. Nicely done.

Thanks man. This competition is a blast. Even if it always ends up costing us all more money and time than we ever thought possible. In my case much much much more time LOL!

Swore I wasn’t going to enter but here I am modding anyway. I’m definitely hooked on modding.

It’s an addiction, pure and simple. I learned that a while back when I started modifying modified lights. lol

And now, I have to learn when to QUIT on a light I build. I keep wanting to fine tune this, re-do that, just a little knurling right there and it’ll be PERFECT! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have added the beam shots and some numbers to my thread here.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/34954#comment-823414

My Entry build is completed.
Here >> 3rd Annual BLF Contest - DBSAR's "End Of The World Light" -UPDATES-5 /09/09/2015

Its been used now a few times while camping.

- – As with last years build, i intend to use this build for what i built it for, and not become a dust-collecting shelf queen. I will continue to take photos of it being used on various trips and emergencies. Smile

Now also i am furiously working on to complete the replica of last year’s build for a prize light for this years 3rd Annual BLF Build Contest. I hope to have it completed by Tuesday night with photos.

Just under three days left.

The “improved” replica of my last years build the Steam-Pipe Light for a Prize Light for this years Contest is almost completed! (been quite a few hours work and scrounging of parts, buying components, etc but its mostly completed except for the tail switch. (that will be done tomorrow)
the Prize light is the shiner one on the left) This one has improved circuitry over the original, but the build procedures and parts are much the same. The Glow-tube is shorter and will use even less power than the original, (even though that don’t really matter as its still glowing away on the same AA Alkaline cells when it was built. if AA Lithium primaries are used in the Prize Light’s glow tube it should run for 4 or 5 years or more continuously on one pair of AA L91 Lithium cells.

Who ever wins this light, -place it on your night table or bedroom shelf to have a continuously-glowing light you can find in the darkness if you need in an emergency, or just to go the bathroom at night. My Original has been used for that purpose for a Year and a half now. The Blue glow is very easy to see at night & locate. Its up to you if you wish to keep this as a display piece, or a night user light. I have refined the circuitry to be useful. The side-Lantern light will run for 24 hours on Medium on an average 18650 cell, or 15 days on Low. (both side-lantern and front flashlight have 4-modes including Moonlight) with a 3000mah 18650 cell the side light will give 12 hours of 150+ lumens of lantern light per charge when needed on high. I have tuned this Steam Pipe Light to be the best balance of output & run time as possible from any 18650 cell for most uses you can think of.

UPDATE-Now this prize light is completed! after a few hours tonight i added the tail switch, then ran some testing, and its ready for its new owner. :slight_smile: