(closed,all sold out) Review: No strobe,L/M/H,no memory "BLF MINI" Light

Has anybody in the UK received theirs yet? I’m still twiddling my thumbs here… :weary:

Is it safe to use a rcr123 in my new lovely little Mini? Or should I stick to cr123?

Btw, if anyone is reading this thread and debating whether to order, stop debating……. they’re great!

Oh and Happy New Year to all!

Yep, that's what I use in it. :)

That was fast! I’ve got two cr123 in my Klarus xt11 that im going to swap for an 18650 as it drains them too quickly. Looks like they’ve just found a new home.

Thanks Scaru!

Happy to help! Remember if you drain one of them and not the other, they should not go back into the XT11. (Different voltages-->difference in voltages increases-->reverse charging-->venting-->tube no longer can hold pressure-->explosion)

It’s a shame if you don’t use 16340 in these babies. Nice low with 16340 is hard to find.

Yeah, I’ll keep the cr123s solely for my mini.

Im new to lion batteries but I think I’m getting there!

Tecmo, you’re probably right but I’m a sucker for BRIGHT!

Hey, that rhymes!

In fact, what is the difference between an ®cr123 and a 16340?

Cancel thst it was a bit lazy, ill do some googling.

16340 is higher voltage and can supply more current.

I’m confused, but it’s great regardless of battery :slight_smile:

Lol! I think it’s me getting it wrong again, must be the Christmas vodka.

I assume from your post that a 16340 would be brighter than an rcr123?

Oh, I didn't notice the r in the circle. ;) Ok, then a RCR123 is a 16340.

What size o-rings?

I tried a bunch of different sizes and ending up using 12mm x 2mm.

Mine look like separate millings, head and tail have a different finish and the milling on the tail is tipped as if the blank was not clamped correctly and driver contacts very worn( more than my month old stock mini I edc) Makes me suspicious we got our lights from the reject bin. Suggest you find a different manufacturer for next custom job Rey. It seems to be a different manufacturing culture there from production to advertising.

A CR123a is a lithium primary battery, ie non-rechargeable and has a voltage of 3.0v

A 16340 is also known as an RCR123, so they are the same thing. These a li-ion rechargeable batteries and have a voltage of 4.2v (there are many different chemistries available though).

16340 refers to the size, most li-ions use this measurement system. 16 = diameter (16mm) and 34 denotes the length (34mm) the 0 denotes the shape, as in round. These are only guides as some cells will vary slightly in dimensions. But it follows 14500 is AA sized, 14mm in diameter and 50mm long, an 18650 is 18mm by 65mm.

Back to the RCR123/16340’s, you can get a different battery type know as LifePO4, these are 3.0v and are a good rechargeable alternative to a regular CR123a for lights that can’t handle the higher voltage of the Li-ion offerings.

I WOULD also use them if Shaotech had delivered them :expressionless:
Over 80 days gone, gladly I got my money back but they haven’t still arrived :expressionless:

I use Kumabear's unprotected 16340 DLG's - they seem to work great in mine, and at only $2.78 -- I know shipping overseas is a big problem... I also used the Yezl's but they are hard to find and expensive (eBay vendor in the UK had them) - I had 2 but gave them away with another BLF mini (my good mini, kept the bad one that has messed up threads from day one, flaky to get working right).

Are these still for sell?

30 left