(closed,all sold out) Review: No strobe,L/M/H,no memory "BLF MINI" Light

1. My thinking with the offer to pay a premium [with a few others] to fund a limited (10?) proving run.

2. I have already sent a PM indicating that I am in - but might a 50% Medium limit the runtime too much? … particularly with a 2% Low - at least that isn’t a firefly mode for these old eyes :slight_smile:

The ~ 40 lumens (or 60L) presently available would seem to offer a reasonable runtime for both a 5.5 4.5Wh primary and a rechargeable with less than half that capacity.

3. I have just used my Visa to purchase some protected 10440 batteries from the AliExpress shop. With the protection circuit included, I understand their capacity is reduced to 350 mAh from 600 mAh. I hope the BLF Charger Special on order is satisfactory - I can recall minimum charging levels of 375 mA & 500 mA - perhaps I need the old version?

Why not, i’m in for one.(just sent an email but without my blf name)

I thought i was done with small 16340 lights for a while, even when the mini-01 came out i wasn’t interested, but with these features???
Besides, this feels like family participation, not shopping.

WWEFANS have you confirmed with the factory that PWM frequency is going to be high?
i don’t see it in the final specs.

My 3 pcs says: L->M->H 2/30/100% (Starts at low, no memory)

..or what the heck: Make it 10 -> "My 10 pcs says..."

Well.. Actually you did. How about High PWM frequency? (About 1kHz is good)

Just BLF

I’ll buy one through Rey’s Aliexpress store.

If we get the quantity up and the price were to drop to around $13.00 (or less), then I would buy at least three.

I posted this in the related thread already, but… I really like Tecmo’s suggested printing of BLF MINI.

I like your style.

BTW is there any downside to having 2kHz or 4kHz? (i think really sensitive eyes can notice 1k)

I’m in for one or two.
Paypal,
2-30-100%

“BLF MINI” or just “BLF”

Thanks.

I'm in for 1 with BLF or BLF Mini printed on it.

I am in for one. 100–35–2. Very high PWM (>1kHz). Why don’t we have memory and low-medium-high? Actually 1 low mode might be even better because it will be already ~5lumens (?) and good enough for most indoor use and provides much longer runtime.
How about “BLF 2012”?

sesgum

Yeah, we all in because of L-M-H, 2-30-100% :bigsmile:
I have made some tests and 30-35% would be just perfect, but not 50. Just my 2c.

You totally rock, Rey!! I've never seen anyone get it done as simply, easily, or as quickly as you have. You 'da man!

2%/35%/100% with 2kHz PWM and no memory would be fantastic.

As for labeling, how about "BLF Mini" or "BLF 2012"?

As for taking PP, great move! I'm definitely in for those 2 units now. ;)

We definitely must reach those 100 units, will be at least 2 bucks cheaper :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the best yet!

I favor the 100-35-2% option.

I’m in for one :slight_smile:

Id be in for 1

lo-med-hi

My questions and thoughts -

What would price be with 100?
Must all 100 be the same mode programming? or can they split it without significant cost increase?
Is driver limited to only 3 modes? I could live with a 50 medium if there was another 25 medium
Price drop for multiple units due to shipping savings?

I can live with either 1 or 2% low, 5 to 10 lumens should be target IMO.

I favor:

lower medium - anywhere from 20 - 35%, but I’d like 25 or maybe 30 and definitely not 50
1.5+K PWM
OP reflector - never going to be a thrower so a nice beam make sense
real neutral white
start at low, hidden or no blinkies
BLF2012 printing

I’ll probably come in for 2 or more if specs are close to my preferences, otherwise just want to see final specs and sample results before deciding. PP is a must do for me, too.

Also wonder if you are intending to do this through Ali store or otherwise?

Suggest you put the most recent status & info at the top of the thread with a date and move old info down beneath that with its older date, too.

Great news!

But my thoughts on the modes, as I mentioned before, are the following:

• 2% low, gives enough light for indoor use, especially at night, good runtime, overall usable light.
  • 30% mid, good for outdoor use, light doesn’t heat up too much, great efficiency.
  • 100% high, just to shock people :wink: (or if you have cold hands . . .)

Besides I highly prefer a no memory driver, which starts on low, then goes to mid, and finally reaches high. I hate it, if my light starts too bright, especially at night it can be annoying.

=> 2/30/100, no memory, starts on low

Just my opinion :wink:

I know there’s always a very vocal minority calling for Low-Med-High instead of Med-Low-High, but I know last time we had this layout for the BLF custom light, many people found that starting on low to be pretty much useless and very annoying (since you had to cycle every time to get useful light, note that this doesn’t have memory). I think those lights are mostly sitting in the back of drawers right now. In fact, from that actual experience I wouldn’t want one if it started on low.

Also consider that in the EDC threads here, most of the lights people actually use don’t start on low.

It’s one of those ideas that sounds good on paper but pretty terrible in practice. Starting on medium, especially a small xml light with a very large hotspot, is the right way to go. A 30% or so Med wouldn’t have a very bright hotspot anyway.

If it’s starting on Low, go with a 10-20% low so it’s at least reasonably useful in the starting mode.

+1 for me using PayPal method. :wink:

BLF mini

I couldn’t agree more…I want at least one of these, but if I have to cycle thru a useless low for daytime use, it wouldn’t get used. No memory/low first is great for nighttime use, but worthless for daytime.