(Closed)Five Flashlight Giveaway at Aurabuy.com

+1

Here are my suggestions:

1. After the event is over, please edit the OP title to show it’s no longer valid? It’s a small thing, but it was pretty embarrassing to me. You said the end was “Friday” (no certain date) and since I found it on “Thursday” I thought I had to rush…
  2. There’s no need to call yourself “Honest” Mia. In some places, that has the effect opposite to what you intend. My suggestion, just be Mia, and let your actions say “Honest”.
  3. Your prices are stunningly high, for many of your products. Just reminding everyone to remember the first word of the name of this Forum…

Just thinking out loud (and wishing I’d caught this in time…)

Dim

Try this link: http://www.aurabuy.com/Flashlight-and-Lasers-2013

Edit: ...or not. The prices are really "meh".

Hi Mia, what current is your Jacob A60 being driven at?

Or anyone else who know this can chime in? Thanks.

I bought one from them a while back and I considered it underdriven. But it wasn’t if you went DD with it. :wink: From what I understand it’s the same as the DX light. Tiny little pinpoint of light, but it throws that little bit of light a long ways. They ship faster than DX by a lot and it will be bubble wrapped about 10 times.

I received my tracking number and my prize will leave HK soon!

Great!!!

Thanks Aurabuy!!

I received the tracking number of my diving light a few days ago!

Thanks again Mia and Aurabuy!

Regarding some comments, I just want to say there is no need to worry.
No matter what anyone does or how well one organizes a giveaway there is ALWAYS going to be complaints…
This is human nature :slight_smile:

For me, and i guess for most of your customers, is more than enough that you are competitive in pricing and, above all, a reliable retailer.

Well, for the record, I have only two past dealings with Aurabuy and both were all good. (they even sent me 2 extra A60 lenses after I lost mine at no charge)

I sure wish I could have won the giveaways though….

So may I know the stock light is driven at what current?

I think $13.49 is a good price and I want to order one, just hope that it is driven hard enough. From what I read in this forum some people got their A60 driven at 1.4A or even higher in stock form.

I ordered C8 from Aurabuy twice, and they packed and shipped well and fast. But I think that some of their lights prices could be lower.

I got two A60’s (Aurabuy and DX, but I already sold both). If I remember right, both were around 2.7A when I tested it. I think they have the same source.

About the A60 current. I don’t have a reliable way of testing current. I don’t think tail cap tests are really accurate anyway. More of a way to judge very roughly. However, I would say that 1.7 would be close enough and with the Q5 that is in it stock it makes sense. It’s a Q5 not an XML you are not going to get a ton of lumens out of it. However, because the die of the emitter is very small in relation to the size and deepness off the reflector you get a small amount of light thrown a very long ways. If you are expecting a super bright light this is not the light for you.

A60 is very bright… Very bright thrower…

As for the XRE EZ900/EZ1000 there is no point of tuning them more than 1,7 amp!!!
I stand behind my statement because I have all necessary equipment to measure them at certain current.

And yes… You could run them on 2,8 amp driver but you will not gain any throw improvement on lux meter over 1,7amp driver… You will only have overheating issues.

Incredible tuning potential of A60…

Wish you could carry them with aluminum reflector and with AR glass lenses. I would pay more for that!

I got 4 on order from you. Still waiting…

The A60 would be pretty bright to someone who doesn’t know much about lights.
I remember reading on xtrail forums late last year, people were saying things like ‘Have you ever seen 400 lumens in real life before?’ and ‘No I can’t say that I have, not from a flashlight anyway.’

But I guess to people like us the lumens isn’t high, but it still throws like crazy.

As I said it is very bright reflector thrower( I meant to say that it has very bright throw and spot intensity) that will out throw all and most brightest 26650 5-10×XML flashlights…

So as English is not my native language I don’t exactly know word meaning when you talk about “bright” flashlight. Does “bright” applies only to lumen output?

Please correct my bad English?

I have 350$ 3500 lumen HID with massive light output and poor throw and it is practically no use to me as I am thrower fan.

I don’t think it’s your English that is the problem. Your English is great. It’s that flashlight people differ in what they consider bright. The hotspot on the A60 is bright but overall the lumens are low so I don’t consider it to be a bright light at all. Just the tiny hotspot is bright. It will outthrow most multi-emitters because of the small shallow reflectors that most of them have. The larger deeper reflector with the small emitter allows all of it’s light to concentrate. But overall it doesn’t put out that much light really. So bright hotspot but not overall a bright light.

hey Xiotis, you can open your own flashlight shop, with all the giveaways you won so far! lucky guy!

The funny thing about all of this is that previous to this I had no issue whatsoever with Aurabuy, I’d ordered from them (only once) before and hadn’t had any issues.
When Mia says “…a decent discount will be offered…”, and then follows it up with “…can not give any discount for brand flashlights because of strict price control…” and blames it on the factories, I and pretty much everyone else call BS.
Nothing was said about the factories absorbing the costs of or co-funding this promotion, so to bring them into it is disingenious at best. “Price control” or MAP should not factor into this at all as it’s a private agreement between individual BLF members and Aurabuy and in no way sets up an expectation that PM’d prices would be ongoing into the future or available to either the wider public or other BLF members.
I put in a request in the original thread for an SRK, and then followed it up with a PM for a discount to which I’ve heard nothing, 5% is in no way “a decent discount”, this is disappointing.
Such is life, I might get over it, but it has definitely harmed Aurabuy’s reputation in my eyes.

:slight_smile:

You noticed!
Indeed, I really have lost track… 6 or 7 since the beginning of the year?

Imagine if i was participating in all giveaways of BLF…!

Well, as you know we have a big fat Greek crisis going on and Gods are making it a little easier for me, it seems :slight_smile:

I promise here that next time i win, i will organize my second giveaway this year in BLF.

When you receive… you must give back to the community :bigsmile:

Received my light a week ago. Thank you Aurabuy!. Posted a mini review at Review: Ultrafire 1226.