CLOSED: Group buy: MT-G2 Order Thread (Price Updated!)

payment sent, thanks Frank.

got them.

Thanks guys

Weird, I didn't get an email notification for new posts.

Money sent!

PP sent, $26 for 1 - no fees .

Pay Pal sent, thanks for putting this together FM

Well, it sure looks like everyone is eager for their MT-G2.

All payments received. Order Placed!!

Will keep everyone as updated as I possibly can. Keep in mind that cutter has not been the most responsive people in the world.

Thanks everyone!

We are pleased to inform you that your order (ID 16951) has been updated from Order Entered to Order Shipped on 02nd April 2013 23:40!!!

Says I’ll receive it in two weeks

If anyone missed out, send me a PM, I just received some today and have a few extra.

Many folks like programming their own modes. I wonder if you could drive the MT-G2 with 7135’s using 2S LiFePo4. The 7135 supposedly tops out at 6v, but that is with it having to burn off 3 volts to get down to XML Vf. The 7135 Vdo is .2. So were talking only about .2 volts to burn between 2 serial LiFePo4’s (at nominal voltage) and an MT-G2.

It should be pretty efficient if it could work. Capacity would be low unless you did 2-3P/2S. Seems like a potential recipe for a spotlight with large battery compartment.

I apologize if I should have started a new thread for this. This seems like a good place for it as you MT-G2ers are probably cooking up plans at this time.

I have some experiments planned to see if 105c's can be misused in such a way to drive one (or 3). I'm not expecting much other than some entertaining fireworks, I'll have spares soon so, whatever...

So, what is the general idea for a driver for the MT-G2?

I think the consensus is, most buck drivers will automagically adjust to the correct new Vf, as long as the input voltage is higher than the LED's Vf. Or something like that.

This looks to be the hot ticket for a 3xMT-G2 SkyRay King, as long as one is willing to change the battery setup from 4p to 4s.

I have one of these ordered for my TorchLite. 5.0A Driver
Any better suggestions will be considered.

Should have them all shipped up and ready to mail tomorrow afternoon, if not Thursday morning.

Woot! Shipping was much quicker than i had imagined. 8 Days from AUS to NJ, USA? That’s pretty awesome.

I’ll let everyone know when they are in the post office!

The 105C drives the processor directly off of the battery input. The chip can’t handle much more than 5V. 2S LiFePO comes off the charger at 7.2V, so it’s toast time.

You could add a resistor in series with D1 and a 5V zener diode across C1 to form a quick a dirty voltage regulator for the processor.

I thought the 105 feed the processor through a diode (.6v drop right there, I believe). Then you have voltage sag. I know it is pushing it, but I’m hoping. Like your idea to further drop the voltage.

I think it is a Schottky diode. At low currents the drop might be only 0.2V

For the series resistor (that limits the current the Zener diode can draw), 220 ohms should be a good start. With the Zener diode across C1, you don’t need the D1 reverse polarity diode… the Zener will clamp negative voltages to –0.6V. Just replace D1 with the current limiting resistor.

I have the drivers sorted for the two lights these are going in, but just out of curiosity, what happens if you have two 105c's, both with 4.2v input, but connect their outputs in series?

Richie, i need your address!