CLOSED: Group buy: MT-G2 Order Thread (Price Updated!)

Thank you texaspyro. I will definitely consider implementing your idea. Very nice of you to give some tips on how to physically place the components.

I guess I will just use 7135’s without a processor first to see if they can take the voltage when feeding an MT-G2. If they can dish it out, then I will order the components you recommend. Thank you again.

Wow that was super quick delivery. All I’ve read in other threads is how Cutter likes to take its sweet time.

Smoke! Inputs and outputs are not isolated and can’t be combined.

All emitters went in the mail during lunch VIA first class USPS.

Post here when you get em’!

It would be very interesting for everyone to post in this thread

What host they used

What driver/s were used

What was the result

Some beam shots/data

Got mine today! Looks big, I've seen the pics, but wow, in real life... Thinking a T08 might make a good host - I know it will convert it to a flooder, but it's got a 2 parallel battery setup, lots of heat sinking, reflector fits it and it's a decent size reflector, and has a large empty pill.

I'm not liking the small star the MT-G2 is on though - wire connections are too close in and will interfere with many reflectors, but struggle with that all the time when upgrading to 22 gauge wires.

Wonder if anyone tried a stock driver to see what it would do on lower voltage.

Mine arrived today in great shape. Thanks FM for all your work putting this together for us. :wink:

Funny you should say that. here you go :wink:
ZY-T08 MT-G2 Mod

I had success with the stock driver in my UF-T90 but that’s a three cell light. In theory any boost or buck converter can handle some load voltage variation. It’s possible protections exist on some drivers to prevent a load overvoltage condition. In reality, I doubt it due to the added cost of adding it.

Subscribing, after unsubscribing, since I mysteriously stopped getting notifications on 3/30 even though I've replied multiple times since then... |(

Glad they are coming in great shape. And thanks for the kind words.

We’ll do this again sometime!

Got 'em! Thanks for doing this.

To test them I used two cr123s... and measured the current, 650mA. I wonder what the runtime would be like in a tiny little pocket light? LOL

Also, they are FIERCE at 3.5A. I accidentally flashed myself with one on a CPU heatsink and couldn't see colors for the next 10 minutes.

Whyyyyyyy, didn't I saw this thread earlier...

Can someone recommend to FT to get this emitters :)

Wait until you see them at 5A+
I hope that someone is attempting a triple with these… :open_mouth: J) :wink:

Yes...

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1234001

plus

http://www.taskled.com/hbflex.shtml

Awesome!!!

Dare I try “I hope someone is attempting a 7x with these” :wink:
Hey, it worked for a triple! J)

Ha…Funny, but FYI, I go mine today, think I will use my SST-80 as a host:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000516/1052602-trustfire-st-50-sst-50-5-mode-1300-lumen-memory-le

Got mine today too.

Got mine today….thanks.

Mine arrived today. I totally forgot about it, and couldn’t figure out what the hell it could be.
Thanks for doing this Frank, and helping out your neighbor to the north.