CLOSED! Group Buy: Starry Light SA-22 BLF Edition (NW emitter, better modes, faster PWM, BLF logo)

Don’t know why i passed up on this thread.

Just got a NW. Nice!

Finally tracking shows the first time not “Error” or “not found”.

Status Date Status Description
26-03-2014 Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)

Yes. I got the same result, finally. Also, under ‘status’ it reads ‘transporting’.
Hopefully, I get it within a week :slight_smile:

Hehehe, yeah, my real name. If I had used my forumname nobody would get why it’s on there.
Forumname I picked here was only to see if there was something hidden for registered members (as it is with cpf) and because when I searched for things in google I mostly ended here but the site did not load properly when not signed in. Didn’t plan to stay so decided to pick a very generic name. But after seeing what a nice community this is I still stayed, but the generic name was already there :stuck_out_tongue:

mine is still unshipped… what is correct email for claims, questions?

Did you check your email? Mine also shows unshipped in the cqg account, but i did get a confirmation email that it was shipped.

you got the point there since john doe is possibly the original 007

Oh, it was shipped out - e-mail arrived to SPAM box, which i didn’t check until now… Shipped out!

The one I ordered last night at 11pm shipped already!

I see that CQG is now offering the “BLF edition” of the SA-22 at the same price ($23)

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1980

So whaddya think?

Read previous messages.. It's now $23-24/pc + shipping, making it around $29-30 delivered.

No, no. I didn’t mean we’ve been screwed. What I mean is what I hoped for earlier.
That it would be offered for sale as the “BLF edition” in the future - since it’s a definite improvement over the stock-standard SA-22 :slight_smile:
(Hope springs eternal)

Just got my Starry. Nice build, flawless piece i got.

Just one question, it is supposed to have 4 modes, 0.2, 2, 25% and 100. I tried, the 25 and 100% seems more like 80% and 100% (i.e. not much difference between 3rd and 4th modes).

Anyone feels the same?

Can you measure tailcap current?

Sadly, i do not have a gauge meter to do so

Ok, i found out the issue. I used 2 new Energiser AA and 2 new Eveready AA, and i guess the Eveready AA is not strong to sustain the voltage required, hence my 3rd and 4th mode is almost same lumen.

Once I changed to Eneloops, can see the vast difference, i.e. 4th mode became a lot more brighter. Hope to-be-owners do take note.

Phew! Good to know it was the batteries, and not the flashlight …
I feel better already 0:)

to be fair to Ric, this time round the Starry light is indeed free of defects, at least for the one i have gotten. The threads very nicely threaded and lubed, the body impeccable. Alls good :slight_smile:

Good to hear that all is good! :)

How is the memory? Behaving well?

“Payment time is 2014-03-06 15:30:32” with tracking and still no info,
cnq does not respond to my queries via their web page,
and yes, I have checked spam folder…