Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

Well, I got my MT09R 70.2 back from TA in the mail today. I charged up my VTC5a’s and pointed it at the ceiling and hit turbo. I had to squint my eyes and heard my wife holler from the other end of the house. (She is used to me doing this sort of thing on a daily basis) She said it looked like your office was on fire. Needles to say I am very happy. :smiley:

Thanks again to TA for one heck of a job on this light and to Terry for getting the ball rolling and making this possible.

Can’t wait till dark!

appreciate the new specs if u can…. thanks

I don’t have anything as good as TA’s sphere and really the best I can do with my tube is compare one light to another, so TA’s numbers are the best measure.

I love stories like this!

The 3000k I just finished really would look like fire, kind nice actually.

Speaking of which I just finished BORO’s first light today. He wanted 3000k 80cri LED’s They are quite nice and very warm, it looks like an incandescent light. Personally I still prefer ~4500k but I would not mind having something like this to play with.

They are not doing as well as the 4000k LED’s, only around ~17k lumens so the 4000k do seem to be a bit of a fluke that I am more then happy to use!

Still by far the brightest high CRI 3000k light I have seen!

I had 9 more lights show up for modding today, so I am starting to work my way through them now.

I finished building the final batch of drivers I have earlier today after an 8 hour marathon and still need to flash and test them.

Taking a break from those and going to see how many lights I can knock out tonight, hoping I can get one more done tonight. No idea who’s it will be…

I have posted a seprate thread for the modding of the lights, I will still post updated here if people want or you can just post in that thread to subscribe. I figure if the 20 lights Terry is trying to get comes through it would be time to start a separate thread.

Hey guys... I just though you may want to know the results of my personal 70.2 and 35 high after I today just a couple of hours ago installed the driver into my 70.2.

For now I stayed with stock emitters but they are NW (Neutral White) emitters the lowest reading I got after installing TA's driver is 18662 lumen. The best reading I for was 19952 lumen.. So I am calling that a total win with the newly designed TA driver.

My 35 high also NW (Neutral White) emitters the lowest reading I got was 6450 lumen and the highest reading I got was 7353 lumen. I am also calling that a total win.

I tested each light 10 times total over an hour allowing for some rest and cool down time between testing. Naturally the better results were the first couple and the lowest readings were the last couple of tests.

I am going to let it get a bit later maybe around 11:00pm and I will go out and see some real lighting results.

Just so everyone knows I have talked to Dale yesterday on the phone and I requested 20 more 70.2 version of the MT09R.

If they agree to ship them to be prior to the new driver being in production we agreed that they will just leave the driver out all together.

I also requested that all of them be in the colors of Green and Blue. 15 Neutral White and 5 Cool White.

As soon a Dale lets me know the decision and that they have shipped I will post it to let everyone know. They will be shipping DHL so it will not take long to get them if the partners at Haikelite all agree to sending them.

I feel like they will but that is not a guarantee. Just normally when Dale tells me that he will talk to the partners at least so far in the past they usually agree and it works out.

So with a little luck we may have not only some 70.2 MT09R's coming but they will be mostly NW emitters which I have found out for sure that the NW color tint is a much higher quality emitter even from the factory but, we may also have a chance for the Blue and Green colors that every one has been asking for.

I almost forgot. I have 1 35 high MT09R that now has one of TA's new drivers installed in it. I did the same 10 measurements that I did with my own and the results were.

Lowest reading was 6345 lumen

Highest reading was 7290 lumen

CW Cool White emitters.

I have also tested for lux readings at 5 meters and the calculations came to 1150000 est. throw distance of 1063 meters.

The actual lux reading at 5 meters was 11300.

If you are interested in this light send me a PM or email me at hesaidshesaidsales@charter.net for pricing.

That is close to 280kcd, very nice.

I hope anyone with this light considers Texas Ace’s mods. Terry picked the right guy to be sure!

It is now a work of art…like an insane Q8!

I’m totally impressed with my resurrected XHP35 MT09R with its new TA driver & 80cri C4 bin 4500k XHP35 HI LEDs!!!

I’ve haven’t been a real fan of ramping UIs in the past, but started to be won over by the D4 because it gave a decent indication of significant points with blinks and the ability to do a quick head twist to chose maximum regulated mode. I really vacillated on the 50 or 100% ramping option on the TA MT09R driver, and am now so glad I went with 50! This makes so much sense, at least for the way my mind works (or doesn’t, at times). It looks like this light will now be left in ramping, unlike with the original Haikelite driver, which got changed to modes in about 5 minutes.

One question for @Texas_Ace about the revision of Narsil (M?) used with this driver. The previously referenced BLF Q8 cheat sheet was for Rev 1.2, but if I do the blinky firmware verification routine on my TA MT09R, I get a revision 1.3 indication. I believe there was a Narsil(pre M) v1.3, but thought the current NarsilM branch hadn’t got above 1.2, yet?

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like the results!

Yes, those 4500k LED’s are a fantastic tint, I ordered some HD versions for my own light.

Glad you like the ramp, I literally spent 20+ hours perfecting it, a small change can require starting over completely. Plus the FET that HL wanted to use at the start was inconsistent in the low modes at different temperatures and caused me all sorts of problems until I figured that out. I think the time was worth it in the end.

It is indeed running the latest NarsilM 1.3. The cheatsheet has just not been updated for 1.3 because most of the changes were on the back end and not visible to the user. I also tweaked a few items for the massive power of these lights with the help of DEL.

The functions should all be the same though. Except for possibly momentary mode (5 clicks), not sure if that is on the cheat sheet. I love that mode.

I also agree that the 50% ramping makes sense on many levels. It saves a lot of battery power and vastly improves battery life. It vastly reduces the heat of the light. It reduces the wear on the LED’s themselves and visually it only appears ~25% dimmer then full turbo due to the way our eyes work.

I like being able to ramp it all the way up and know it is not going too extreme. In fact I generally like my personal lights setup so the ramp stops at about what the light can handle long term without thermal regulation kicking in. Then turbo for when I need it.

My father has been gone about 4 years now and he was an engineer. One lesson I learned from him was if you must find someone that knows more than you... "Always find the best at what they do."

Ot worked for him for my entire life.

Lol I can't let TA have all the fun. www.youtube.com/embed/S-vQx3VxJiQ

lol, I was planning on that exact thing for my follow up video. Most likely still will.

I had someone bragging about how easy it is to get most modern LED lights to do this. LOL I beg to differ. Many will even single emitter 1200 lumen lights will. I have accidentally turned on slammer lights like one of the Rofis models that had the 45 degree turning head I use to carry to work. But, it took it like 10 minutes to start melting the nylon holster. But this monster takes about 10 seconds to begin smoking and about 15 seconds and the paper is on fire. LOL and that is not a single sheet of paper it is a newspaper double folded so four layers LOL and still flames in 15 seconds...

I have not taken any pictures yet but outside here at my house in turbo it just lights up half the block...

We are going to Arizona on the 17th and I am going to ship my 09R 70.2 out there ahead of me along with some spare cells and one of my chargers. There will be some very large wide open places out there that I can get some really nice pictures...

BAWWWWW my XHP35 TA MT09R only makes a little smoke, not fire! Looks like I’ll just have to keep using my trusty old incandescent SureFire 12ZM or M6 for that until the new XHP70.2 MT09R arrives.

Hey guys.

Okay after over a week of negotiating I finally have some MT09R 70.2 lights on the way.

This was not at all easy to accomplish. The company did not want to ship out any at all until after the new driver has been completed and installed in the lights.

That will still be several weeks from now, so I have been working on this for the last week and here is the arrangement I was able to finally accomplish.

First, I would like to ask if we could all no longer say modify when we are referring to the driver. Yes, TA is hand assembling these drivers himself (Thanks very much for that by the way) but, the design will be exactly the same once Haikelite begins producing the drivers themselves in 5 possibly 6 more weeks. So, the driver actually will be the same as the stock driver. I had some one mention to me on YouTube that my video was a modified version and it is not at all. My personal light even still has stock NW emitters. Haikelite has contracted TA for this driver design and as long as the exact plans are followed the drivers should be the same. So as far as the driver is concerned it really is not a mod we are just lucky enough to have the designer building us enough of them for us himself.

Now emitter swap out sure that is totally a modification.

Now on to the good parts.

I am only getting 30 units total and only 2 colors. The 2 colors are Blue and Green.

I will be getting 15 of each of them and all are shipping with only NW Neutral White emitters which actually perform far better than the CW Cool white emitters did. The reason is just as TA suspected they are a much higher quality. I just wanted to be sure everyone knows this while making decisions.

TA naturally has access to even higher bin and quality emitters that still perform even better than the stock NW.

My personal 70.2 for now I have left the stock NW emitters and I am easily getting 20k lumen. TA has a wide variety to offer that are getting into 22k lumen and a little above.

I am not sure how well everyone understands wholesale, but I am sure that TA can agree with this. By them only allowing me to order 30 units total instead of 75 to 100 units I lose about a 30 percent discount I would be getting for purchasing more units. So, the price will be a little more but really not much more and still nowhere close to full retail.

Being that all of the lights are the same except for the color choice the price will be the same. And Dale is going to go nuts when he reads this. The price is $120.00 and that includes my shipping costs to TA. After shipping I will clear about 14 to 18 dollars per unit and PayPal still gets a nice little cut of that so that will put me closer to 12 per unit.

All of this shipment will come to me without drivers. I saw no need at all to have the old driver installed only to have it removed.

You can still request shipping directly to you and order the driver from TA and you can install in yourself if that is an option some of you may want.

Also I do have I think 4 or 5 of the original drivers in my repair stock if someone wants to just have the original driver installed.

I already have the lights entered into my stores inventory and it is simple there are only 2 choices. The color, green or blue. All emitters are the same.

Please make sure that you send me a PM or email at hesaidshesaidsales@charter.net and let me know where you want your light shipped. Please include your full name and address as it will show on your PayPal account.

I will begin shipping all orders out on the same day which is the 18th. That is as fast as I could get them here and that cost a ton by the way.

If I have forgotten anything please feel free to ask but, I think I have covered most of what may be asked at least my part of it lol.

By the way I asked Texas Ace about international shipping and he is willing to ship outside of just the US and Canada provided the customer pays the shipping. So now a lot of you guys that wanted in on these deals can be included as well...

Here is the URL directly to the purchase page https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-mt09r-triple-cree-702