Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

No I was trying to understand how I could have just gotten off the phone with him and he was driving either to or from the factory. He will not even stay on the phone while he is driving so I was trying to understand how he answered an email while he was driving lol...

My MT09R is blinking when each battery are under 3.5v is that normal? it ia blinking unless i ramp it up or down? but then as soon as i click the switch it is blinking again. Tested with full batteries it is normal.

is it worth it to do spring bypass on the original driver? and do you also need to bypass the main big spring that soldered on the driver?

The back lit button should be blinking blue at that voltage; it’s a battery indicator as well. Around 3.0V it should turn red. Or maybe you mean something else?

no the main led is blinking.

Oh… Sounds wrong to me. Maybe you can make a video?

Sounds like a bad driver, lets just say I am not surprised.

Far as the bypass on the stock driver, it will only make things worse for it if you already have issues. Also I tried putting my bypassed tube on a few CW lights with the stock drive but it only gained a little bit. Course those LED’s don’t gain a lot no matter what.

yes i will make a video of it when i get the time.

would you mind posting a picture or two of your bypassed spring? that would be great.

Remind me if I forget, I don’t have any lights on hand with the bypasses right now to take a picture of.

I will be making my last batch of drivers that I currently have on Monday and will then mod a few more lights. I could snap a picture then.

I only have around ~8-10 drivers left of my current supply right now.

I know Terry has a waiting list for the MT09 now if he can get some in stock, if that pans out then I would make another batch for that. I just don’t want to get left with 20 drivers sitting around that nobody wants, these are hardly worth my time to start with.

In other news, it looks like we might have to change the FET used for the production driver, so that will require some more testing before production can star. Figure at least an extra week for that but I want these drivers to be done right, so it is worth it. On the plus side the new FET should be better then what they were going to use.

I have also added the option to slice the dome off the XHP70.2 emitters to increase throw to the pricing post after having someone ask me about it.

I have not tried this in an MT09R yet but in the GT the results were impressive. It increased throw a whopping 40-50%! It also makes the hot spot tighter and reduces the dark spot in the middle of the beam.

The tint does shift slightly warmer and slightly to the yellow side when dedoming the XHP70.2 but not nearly as bad as emitters from yesteryear and none of that puke green look.

In the GT the XHP35 HI does ~1.1mcd.
The P2 bin xhp70.2 with the dome on did around ~450kcd.
The P2 bin XHP70.2 with sliced dome did a bit under under ~700kcd

Take from that what you will. I will admit my curiosity is peaked to see what it looks like in the mt09.

will do, thank you.

Well, I got my MT09R 70.2 back from TA in the mail today. I charged up my VTC5a’s and pointed it at the ceiling and hit turbo. I had to squint my eyes and heard my wife holler from the other end of the house. (She is used to me doing this sort of thing on a daily basis) She said it looked like your office was on fire. Needles to say I am very happy. :smiley:

Thanks again to TA for one heck of a job on this light and to Terry for getting the ball rolling and making this possible.

Can’t wait till dark!

appreciate the new specs if u can…. thanks

I don’t have anything as good as TA’s sphere and really the best I can do with my tube is compare one light to another, so TA’s numbers are the best measure.

I love stories like this!

The 3000k I just finished really would look like fire, kind nice actually.

Speaking of which I just finished BORO’s first light today. He wanted 3000k 80cri LED’s They are quite nice and very warm, it looks like an incandescent light. Personally I still prefer ~4500k but I would not mind having something like this to play with.

They are not doing as well as the 4000k LED’s, only around ~17k lumens so the 4000k do seem to be a bit of a fluke that I am more then happy to use!

Still by far the brightest high CRI 3000k light I have seen!

I had 9 more lights show up for modding today, so I am starting to work my way through them now.

I finished building the final batch of drivers I have earlier today after an 8 hour marathon and still need to flash and test them.

Taking a break from those and going to see how many lights I can knock out tonight, hoping I can get one more done tonight. No idea who’s it will be…

I have posted a seprate thread for the modding of the lights, I will still post updated here if people want or you can just post in that thread to subscribe. I figure if the 20 lights Terry is trying to get comes through it would be time to start a separate thread.

Hey guys... I just though you may want to know the results of my personal 70.2 and 35 high after I today just a couple of hours ago installed the driver into my 70.2.

For now I stayed with stock emitters but they are NW (Neutral White) emitters the lowest reading I got after installing TA's driver is 18662 lumen. The best reading I for was 19952 lumen.. So I am calling that a total win with the newly designed TA driver.

My 35 high also NW (Neutral White) emitters the lowest reading I got was 6450 lumen and the highest reading I got was 7353 lumen. I am also calling that a total win.

I tested each light 10 times total over an hour allowing for some rest and cool down time between testing. Naturally the better results were the first couple and the lowest readings were the last couple of tests.

I am going to let it get a bit later maybe around 11:00pm and I will go out and see some real lighting results.

Just so everyone knows I have talked to Dale yesterday on the phone and I requested 20 more 70.2 version of the MT09R.

If they agree to ship them to be prior to the new driver being in production we agreed that they will just leave the driver out all together.

I also requested that all of them be in the colors of Green and Blue. 15 Neutral White and 5 Cool White.

As soon a Dale lets me know the decision and that they have shipped I will post it to let everyone know. They will be shipping DHL so it will not take long to get them if the partners at Haikelite all agree to sending them.

I feel like they will but that is not a guarantee. Just normally when Dale tells me that he will talk to the partners at least so far in the past they usually agree and it works out.

So with a little luck we may have not only some 70.2 MT09R's coming but they will be mostly NW emitters which I have found out for sure that the NW color tint is a much higher quality emitter even from the factory but, we may also have a chance for the Blue and Green colors that every one has been asking for.

I almost forgot. I have 1 35 high MT09R that now has one of TA's new drivers installed in it. I did the same 10 measurements that I did with my own and the results were.

Lowest reading was 6345 lumen

Highest reading was 7290 lumen

CW Cool White emitters.

I have also tested for lux readings at 5 meters and the calculations came to 1150000 est. throw distance of 1063 meters.

The actual lux reading at 5 meters was 11300.

If you are interested in this light send me a PM or email me at hesaidshesaidsales@charter.net for pricing.

That is close to 280kcd, very nice.