Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

Thanks TA for your expert insight. I hope they build it as you’re envisioning.

Quick question, for the 4S1P (or even the 2S2P), can they achieve a balance charge with how you understand it could work? I’ve always been under the impression it’s not possible to guarantee a balance charge unless one uses a charger with individual bays. This could be a misconception on my part.

Thanks

If they are using the unmodified carriers, I do not see how balance charging could be done.

That said, simply charge the cells in an external charger every now and then and that will balance them.

According Haikelite Taobao store, there will be two versions of charger:

— Inputb 5V 1.8A ; Output 5V 2A

— The 8.4V battery pack version corresponds to the 2S2P (MT03 and MT09R 70.2). Red and blue lights flash below 8.3V when charging, green light constant on above 8.3V. Battery pack power below 5.5V Red light flashes Prompt low battery voltage. 5.2V go to sleep.

— The 14.8V battery pack version corresponds to for 4S1P ( MT07S / MT07 / MT09R 35hi). The red and blue lights flash below 16.5V when charging, the green light constant on above 16.5V. Red light flashes indicating a low battery when the battery pack power is below 11V and 10.4V go to sleep.

does the MT09R have electronic lockout? If so, how is it accessed?

thanks.

Last page of instruction booklet…bottom left

Lockout Function
Double click followed by a long click to lock out, Repeat to unlock

(click, click, click-hold)

TA’s driver will have it too…

- 2x + click&hold lock out on/off (4x short blinks)

Any news about date of shipping chargers?

Interesting, not sure why they did it this way, seems like a lot of extra work and inventory trouble along with possible issue when people screw them on the wrong tube but I am sure they accounted for that.

They could have made a single charging circuit for either carrier with a little work since the voltage ranges do not overlap.

Still looks like a very nice charger if it works as they say, just seems like the complicated way of doing it.

Dale answered my email said that the charger is shipping already, not sure how true that is.

He answered it last night? That's really odd because I spoke to him on the phone at 3am est. Tine and he was in the car driving the commute between the factory and his home which is 500 miles...

Ok, I know it is not an MT09 but figured someone would be interested in what the MT03 does with the same mods. This is my first time seeing one in person and I have to say, I REALLY like it. The build quality is slightly higher then the MT09 and I like the setup. That said it is a very different light.

This is the last Light I have for 808HI, he wanted 4000k 80cri and 100% ramp so that is what he got.

The results are fantastic! It is doing ~21k lumens but my sphere does not seal perfectly so the reading will be slightly lower, I expect it is around ~22k.

The OP reflector and floody design means the tint is even better then the MT09, it is simply gorgeous! I am getting one for myself now and will be building it just like this one.

Also did a Q8 for him with 319A 5000k 80cri emitters that is doing 6k lumens and has a bit more throw then the stock Q8. VERY nice tint, pure white.

Since the TA driver is of a FET type, does that mean you can use the same driver for the MT07 as well? Or maybe you can use it in the MT07S (4S) as well using a 2S2P battery tube like that of the MT09R?

I was talking to Terry about this actually.

First the MT072 that has the dual switches will loose the dual switch functionality, which I hear was a bit of a failure anyways.

After that, yes the battery voltage must match the LED. I do not know what the carrier voltage or the LED voltage is wire at on these lights since I have never seen one in person. Although yes, technically you should be able to convert the carrier voltage if needed.

I would have to see a light to know more unless someone has or knows of some pictures and details on the specs of the light.

Eh does Dale really drive 500 miles between his home and factory, that cant be right ???

Not sure why you assume that, but he answered my email 2 days ago. (5 April 2018, 20:46 GMT+7)

Not surprising at all, even as an engineer in the US, when we have large multi-year projects, we have to travel that kind of distance or even farther on a weekly basis. Sometimes more than once a week. Not fun but if the job requires what can you do.

Sweet news!!! Since I have 3 coming your way! :smiley:

When you say your sphere does not perfectly seal, does that apply to the previous lumen measurements on the MT09R or did this just occured? I’m just trying to figure out how the MT03 mods compare with the MT09R.

Of cause I have bought one. With your post I am quoting here, you have quoted me, where I said that my flashlight was shipped late after CNY.

I have contacted Dale and he said he will ship the carger this week (it was the week before easter) and he will ship a new driver.
I did not adress the issue with the too cold light color.
And I did not adressed the bad led bin. The claimed 7500 lumen suggestet a better bin for me.

Thanks for the link, it makes something clear.

The mt09 head is slightly larger and seals perfectly in my sphere, the mt03 has a slight gap. I am guessing it is between ~21-22k lumens if compared to the mt09.

I have asked Dale if he will to ship me 20 to 30 units of the MT09R 70.2 version still left totally stock. It will still be several weeks before the new driver is completed and being mass produced and shipping out in the 09R's

I have a list right now of a rather large number of people that will buy one of them right now if I had them in stock.

I am just curious how many others would be interested.

I can't promise that he will agree to ship them. If he does agree I will post that information right away.

I am hoping for just enough for people to purchase while we are waiting for the final mass produced light to be available.

I also asked again for samples of the charging unit and the extended tube. Again I am not sure that those will be included.

Yes he really does. I am not sure how often he travels between home and the factory but it is a 500 mile (not kilometer) driver for him each time he does it.

I checked it on Goggle maps and seems like it was either 502 or 504 miles.