Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

Thank you!!

Last update on the HL drivers was I sent them the components to make some samples along with a few finished drivers to test.

They said they got them and mine worked fine but they had some issues with the ones they made, I help them sort out some flashing issues with the firmware and they said they would test them.

Have not gotten an update since, or paid.

Thank you for the information!

thats bad manners….

Anyone remember the description of the TA driver which pins are for the switch and LED indicator, etc?

Texas_Ace wrote: For those just ordering the drivers, the wiring is pretty simple.
LED + to LED + pads
LED – to LED – Pads

Black switch wire to the switch GND pad
Red switch wire to the switch V+ pad
Yellow switch wire to the SWLED pad

Snip the end of the blue wire off and stuff it down into the driver cavity.

The 4 big pads go to the LED wires. Above one set of 4 it says LED -

Above the other set of 4 it says LED +

The red wires go to the + and the white wires go to the -.

Same for the Switch, the GND pad is where the black switch wire goes and the V+ is where the red switch wire goes.

The writing is very small, you might need a magnifying glass.

Thank you.
Anyone know where can I get board which electronic switch and indicator led?

The 09r's are finally complete and all shipped.

I do still have a few MT07S all white (silver) all NW emitters. I have the price in them set at the lowest I could find on the internet. You can find those here. https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-mto7s-702-version

If you find a verifiable lower price let me know and I will see if I can beat it. This is still one of my favorite of all the Haikelites. I have also been told that TA has a driver that will get you a ton more output. The battery tube has to be converted but a lot of people are having the mod done...

I also have 1 SC01 and 2 SC02's left and again I did an internet search and I priced them lower than anywhere I could find. You can find the SC01 here https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-sc01 and you can find the SC02 here https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhaikelite-sc02-5000k-emitter-tint-color-white and again if tyou can find a verifiable lower price I will see if I can match it.

One last thing.. My wife is working on several different blankets right now and she ask me to lower the price of the Haikelite all hand crochet afghan. You can find here. https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fcompletely-hand-made-haikelite-logo-afghan this one you will not be able to find a lesser price as it is one of a kind. Keep in mind that this is not screen print or anything like that. She crochets these one knot at a time this one took 2 weeks to complete.

It will not bee too much longer before the SC26's show up so I will need all of this room just to get those orders processed and shipped without making a ton of mistakes.

Thanks for all of the support.

I changed the driver in my MT09R with an XHP70.2 from the stock driver to a TA driver.
I measured the lux in my simple shpere, the results are below:
With stock driver : 1374 lux
With TA driver : 1990 lux (I only bypassed the springs on the driver)
45% increase in lumens.

Sounds good to me. If you started with ~12000 lumens, then now you have ~18000 lumens. I believe this is also reported by TA. :+1:

It really depends on which emitter you have. The 4000k, I measured 13k startup lumens on the 4000k and 17k startup lumens on the 5000k with stock drivers. My 4000k measurements were consistent with TA’s measurement of my flashlight when I sent it to him for mod. But good to get another confirmation that TA’s driver alone is good for 45% lumen increase.

I did get a message from Dale last night but did not have time to hash things out.

Basically he said they did not get much extra lumens with the TA driver (which I never sold it as gaining lumens, I sold it as a working driver with better UI). Then something about they can’t sell it? I don’t know, it didn’t make much sense. I will try to hash it out after I get the spheres finished.

You should ask how did they measure the lumens? I hope they didn’t just use their eyeballs. I remember sounding like a fool when I said the NCR18650B and a high drain 18650 in an Emisar D4 didn’t make any difference in lumen outputl. After I measured it with ceiling bounce, I was amazed how our eyes are not very good at gauging relative brightness.

They said they sent them out to be measured in a sphere. No idea on any details other then that.

Although if both drivers have bypassed springs and they cherry pick a good driver from their old selection, the only change in output should be from the lower resistance of the TA driver. Which will not be worth a whole lot. Which is why I never sold it as a lumen increase to them.

I did say that they should see higher lumens with the complete package due to the spring bypasses but that is comparison a stock driver without it to mine with it since they had never even consider the idea before I suggested it.

They also mentioned it not hitting 21k lumens, so they are obviously confusing the modded lights I have been making to the stock ones as well and somehow thinking they should get the same numbers? Even though I was very clear from the start that the stock LED’s were not good.

Update:
Cell : Sony VTC6 4.19V
LED : stock NW

Stock driver : 1374 lux
TA driver : 1990 lux (I only bypassed the springs on the driver) 45% increase in lumens.
TA driver : 2110 lux ( all sprngs bypassed ) 54 % increase in lumens.

MT03 stock : 986 lux
If a stock MT09R has 13000 lumens, after my mod it’s 19960 lumens.

Now it’s time for MT03 :smiley:

I just dropped the prices on my website a ton.. you may want to look before they are gone. I will need all the extra space when the SC26 units arrive so basically I am selling at cost. Better hurry if there is one you want.

Those prices are 5 percent above cost. The MT09R 35 high is about 4 percent below my cost when you include the driver... Gotta have the space... So it has to go...

Would you consider selling just the bare shells?

smokuxx, read a couple post above for my measurements. However, I read that there might be two different 5000k bins used. I got the good bin.

I edited my post.
My MT09R is NW so it should be 4000K.