Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

I’d be happy to buy the light off of you.

I do understand Terry’s perspective as I’ve hosted group buys before on other non flashlight forums and it requires an immense amount of time and effort that the majority of the participants who benefit from it cannot imagine and I make zero profit from it other than the joy of seeing many other enthusiasts like myself get to enjoy a wonderful product at a bargain price or sometimes to get manufacturers to produce custom varieties. I really appreciate Terry for setting up this group buy and the price, especially for the XHP70.2 with batteries and charger is outrageously cheap. Probably have to pay double or more for equivalent competitor product for twice the price. Also, this is the only flashlight that offers a 80+ CRI 4000k XHP70.2 option, which has good tint with zero hint of green and zero hint of red.

However, I think it is fine to discuss all MT09R products in this thread even if it’s not purchased from this GB but the poster should make sure to distinguish that it wasn’t bought here and may perform differently (inferior) to this official production batch. If any inferior Haikelite products are being sold elsewhere, Haikelite (Dale) should know about it and better manage it to protect the brand’s reputation.

I can certainly understand that. 8 out of 9 is ridiculous. But the thing is that I still have great interest in Haikelite, and I still think it’s worth investing my time and money in. The format of the MT09R is just awesome. And my goodness, the charger/power bank… sweet… Specs are awesome. Looks and finish are awesome. And goodness it’s also available in green, blue and tan. I haven’t read anything 100% official, but these lights use a TA driver right? TA as in Texas Avenger? In my opinion this absolutely does not happen by accident. You need to be a flashlight enthusiast and insider to know what a TA driver is right? I’m no driver expert, but I do know about its existence and roughly what it does. For Haikelite to choose a TA driver means they are moving forward and are not standing still. This was an important reason for me to join the group buy. I have no solid evidence, but I just believe the driver is more robust than ever. Haikelite is worth believing in. With any other company I would have bailed out a long time ago, it’s that simple. And communication with Banggood and Dale regarding warranty and repair went super smooth, and I’m pretty sure Banggood even opts for a faster than normal shipping for the drivers.

It was about 25 years ago that Nike made some really cool commercials on television. One of them was with Michael Jordan. He says: “I have failed over, over, and over again. And that is why I succeed.” It was something like that. This is how I feel about Haikelite; I want them to succeed, as their lights are just too cool. But maaaaaan, I wish QC was better, and I do feel sometimes like a guinea pig… But ah well, I’ll just look the other way for the time being.

Boro, I’ve done some driver swaps for four Haikelite lights: two MT02 and two MT07S. If you want I can upload the videos of the full unboxing of the lights where you can see that three out of four lights have a problem.

In the end we all want good lights: me, all the other members that have ordered or want to order, Terry, Dale, Haikelite. Every BLF member is an enthusiast and wants good lights, well maybe except c-h-e-a-p-k-i-t-c-h-e-n-s, but who knows maybe we can convert him too someday.
We’re all on the same team here, it’s just that we have a different strategy living and surviving. But that makes us human.

Yes thats right. Terry has only the information he get from HAIKELITE and he is only a dealer.

Its realy not common to check one or all products someone sells. A selle has to trust the manufacturer.
It is verry good if Terry will check each flashlight he sells, but thats realy not normal.

Thats verry good, that you both will check it for the forum. So we will have a good comparison. Thanks to you both.

Poor choice of words on my part. It’s not that I regret the purchase, just that with all the defensiveness I’m feeling less confident that this was everything it was hyped up to be. I’m sure I’ll change my mind once it arrives.

I still support Terry and I am still very grateful for all the work that’s gone into this buy but I really hope for his sake that he can calm down a bit and not take things so personally. I’m sure the guy is under pressure starting his new business on top of organizing this so getting riled up isn’t going to help him any.

Hi Terry, I just purchased another HaikeLite from your store. Three in two weeks. I’ll support you and HaikeLite.

Very true, I do hope all BLF’s are satisfied when they get their lights. :+1:

Oh boy, hope nobody dogpiles on me for jumping in…

About the lack of traceability as far as production samples being sold, would it be possible, at least as far as pricey lights that’d justify the cost, to have something of a serial number stamped somewhere on/in the head? Preproduction samples can be prepended with an ‘X’.

This way, if a batch goes to distributor A, who sells it to retailer B, who sells it to user C, and it’s a lemon, that can be traced back to find who’s at fault for selling something that shouldn’t’ve been sold in the first place.

Also would help as far as verifying warranty info/dates, etc.

Anyway, no idea how much stamping a s/n would add to the cost of each light, but if not too much, it might be considered, in order to avoid headaches.

I just tested it 5120 lumen and I am packing it right now.. I will be dropping it off in about a half an hour.. Yes lol they are closed but vendors have a key to get inside to the drop off station.

You have been an outstanding customer, my wife and I were just talking about you. Thanks for your orders and you can take comfort in the fact that I will keep your lights serviced for the next 2 years.

Thanks again...

if you keep this outstanding Customer Service up, and the product is outstanding, you will have so much business you won’t have any time. This happened to Richard of Mountain Electronics. He was spending 4 hours a day on e-mails alone. I told him to cut it back and that customers would surely understand. He has. His thread which was pretty active, is dead. Mountain - a great company. Richard - a great guy.

I just took some ceiling bounce lux measurements. All tested with Sony VTC6 batteries fully charged unless stated otherwise

MT09R XHP70.2 5000k 2,170 lux
MT09R XHP70.2 4000k 1,640 lux
Astrolux MF01 V2 Nichia 219c 1,220 lux
Emisar D4 XPL-HI v2 4000k 5D 420 lux at startup. Drops to 370-38 within 2-3 seconds.
BLF A6 4000k 200 lux
Astrolux S42 nichia 219c 5000k 209 lux
Thrunite Archer 2A v3 72 lux

I will do more test with more flashlights later. My guess is that the MT09R 5000k is higher than 15,000 lumens, probably closer to 16,000. The CW version, which I don’t have should be even higher. I do like the 4000k version more though because tint and CRI to me is more important than just a few thousand lumens. The MT09R really is a MONSTER light at a bargain price! The only thing I’m not 100% satisfied is that the gold color is more of a dull brown. But at this kind of price with this kind of performance, I would buy it even if it was pink.

Nice info skv… how can i get lumen info with my iphone 10 ? Any apps? Thanks

does this mean its going to magically show up at my door in a day or 2…

or is it still at the shipping facility in the netherlands? will tracking be accurate or updated?
latest update as of today:

2018-02-12
09:54:00
The item is ready for shipment

not impatient, just wanna make sure no one steals it off my porch!

Thanks for this. I have been wondering which lux meter is the most affordable but yet considered good enough for use by members here. Apart from ebay, do you know of any other online shop that will ship internationally?

If its not going with DHL i think no, not sure how stuff works in the USA with registered mail, i think u get a note to pick it up somewhere and sign for it no? thats how it works here and in EU usually with registered post u have to actually pick it up at postoffice and show ID. Tracking usually will not show much until it reaches the destination country so can take a while before u see any movement even tho its moving in air.

Being in the USA and having received many packages from overseas, my experience has been that if an item’s actual location at shippers side has been registered via the carrier’s tracking then item’s departure will usually be tracked as well. My light is being sent via NL post, and tracking says “The Item is at the shippers warehouse.” I interpret this to mean that the package hasn’t even been handed off to NL post yet - it is literally at the shipper’s warehouse, has been there about two weeks, and will likely remain there until the end of CNY.

Regardless of carrier USPS often ends up with packages once they hit US soil. This is certainly the case with NL post. USPS tracking for my light says “Label Created, not yet in system.”

Once package is actually handed off to USPS I would expect some tracking updates. I bought a UT01 (for $10) the same day that I purchased MT09R. It arrived in LA customs (from China) on Feb 7, and has been stuck there since. USPS tracking for it says:

February 7, 2018, 5:44 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
LOS ANGELES, CA 90052

Occasionally I will get no tracking updates after this point until day of delivery (eg “package is out for delivery”)

Any left overs?

No, but they’re only $30 more here:
https://hesaidshesaidsales.com/

from BLF member in USA

Received mine.

Green 70.2 5000K
Tan/Khaki 70.2 5000K

Truely exceptional. Excellent machining and anodisation. Minor gripe is that the hole of the lanyard attachment section is sharp. This is no problem using the supplied lanyard which has a metal connector, but I would not recommend using a lanyard directly. I truly love both colours. The green is a never before seen colour that is just surreal combined with the stout beautifully proportioned body. The tan is indeed significantly less “golden” than pictured. This light however was never described by Haikelite as golden. It’s definitely more brownish, so khaki to me is the best description of the colour. I personally feel it’s a bit too brownish to call it tan/sand. But I personally love this colour as well; it’s an absolute stunner.
Something I noticed immediately is the incredibly crisp lettering on the tail cap. There is some fairly small and thin lettering, but it’s extremely easy to read because of the very high resolution so to speak. Seriously, I just picked up both lights for the third time just to check out the lettering on the tailcap for this reason.
Nice tactile button with beautiful blue glow in the back. UI is intuitive. Of course you must have read the manual to know the programming, but all my first attempts were successful! Minor gripe though: there is no press and hold from off to go to moonlight/lowest mode.
Beam is really odd (in a good sense). If I didn’t know which light this was I would be certain that it’s a single emitter light. There are no obnoxious petal artifacts (this is during the day though). Looking more carefully knowing that it is a multi emitter light with overlapping reflectors will result in seeing some artifacts, but man it’s not easy.
Everything is working flawlessly, and can’t wait for the darkness tonight! So far it’s a two thumbs up! :+1: :+1:

Can u take some pics of the green body ? im dying to see it how it looks final as i have bought one.