Closed!!!

Any other one interested in review our camping lantern?
A video review would be great! :wink:

I have 3 pcs camping lantern packing damage, so if some one still interested in review, i can send it for free!

I am keen to review also.

e-mail sent! :slight_smile: … let’s see what’’s so good about these light… I do love the colors so far :slight_smile:

Too bad that it doesn’t take 18650 cells. :frowning:

email sent.

+1

It uses 3xD cells — assuming that includes NiMH (1.2v) D cells, this is interesting.

This is only a chance for US users (read the first post) not for international members.

I'm not in, because I'm living in Germany but thank you for giving the US members the review chance :)

Unfortunate that it is USA only. I am heading on a week-long back country canoe trip and a trip like that is the perfect test/review site for camping gear and lanterns. Although this one may be too big and bulky for backcountry trips, I would make exceptions for review purposes.

Received mine today and left reviews of seller and item, I think.

This is a pretty cool lantern. I like the tint and that it runs off size D batteries.

Parents are getting one.

A 18650 version of this lantern would be a nice option. I went without power for over a week after a ice storm. It sucked that all my lanterns are AA cell. Had to use them sparingly during that week. A few of these lamps and a bunch of laptop pulls would be nice to have handy in case another big storm comes.

Mine will be here on about the 5th, are you going to do run time testing on the 500 hours?

I should. I received the Streamlight Seige as well yesterday.I thought about doing a comparison but in the sprit of the "sale post" I decided against it.

Mine arrived on Wednesday. I will type more in the coming days.

i would test and review one.
and i have found most items that use 3 aaa aa c d cells usually work well on 1 li-ion.
if i wind up with one i will test that too.

I would think it matters on what voltage it operates on. The specific driver. If the 3 batteries are wired in parallel or series. 1.5v’s or 4.5v’s.

Just didn’t want to see someone put a 4.2v LiIon cell into a low voltage 1.5v driven light or lantern and blow it up.

I doubt it uses 3 d cells parallel with a boost converter when its cheaper to run 3s and a pwm driver.and maybe slightly more efficient.

I don’t know, and I am not sure. Just throwing it out there, as it is all speculation at this point.

Just got it today, didn’t get much time to play with it, but closing the battery lid can definitely raise some blood pressure as you need to align the marking in order to close nicely and the lid is hard to align, every time I tried to align it, spins like the wheel of price is right. :expressionless:
Now I have to buy some 3 Ds batteries tomorrow to see what’s so good with this light.

Clever introduction and marketing I must say :slight_smile: since most of these light that was given away is usually have damage boxes ( can’t sell it or returned ) but in very good condition as the light inside the plastic packaging is well protected, with my luck, with all the nice colors available, I got the pink one :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m pretty sure my 5 year old niece would love that light for her doll house

To be continued…