Closed!!!

I will email you a note.
I am also a member of two other Lantern forums and communities, and have nearly 100 LED lanterns of all types.

Hello Waldens. First, thanks for giving us the opportunity to review this lantern. I just received mine. Before I post an Amazon review I thought I would ask a question. I think the light output of the lantern is almost perfect and the tint is just how I prefer for a campsite or outdoor use. Also, because it uses D cells I can allow my kids to use it as well.

My question is regarding the flashlight mode. Is this what you have listed as ‘UPLIGHT’ on the package? I was expecting more light output from the flashlight, but if this is what is considered the UPLIGHT the lumen listing on the box sounds about right at 13 lumens, so it is therefore not falsely advertised :slight_smile: Just making sure. I want to give an honest review. I just placed 3 new Duracell batteries in it, so I might throw it on high and let it go for 25 hours.

Hi Willy,

Thank you!
Yes, the flashlight mode means the UPLIGHT. It is 13 Lumens but can last nearly 500hrs and 15 meters distance. It is very useful for emergency…. anyway, hope you like it…. Have a nice day!

Warmly Regards,
Andy Wong

Hi, Thanks for interested in review our camping lantern… i may received you email… but unfortunately the review is temporary interruption and we only offer for US member since our stock in Amazon warehouse… Have a nice day!

Warmly Regards,
Andy Wong

Where are the photos guys? Come on now. Post them of you got them! :slight_smile:

Waldens, I’m happy to say the lantern did pass the 25 hours on high test. Actually went about 32 hours before I tuned it off. The green light above the power button had turned red at that point indicating low power and the light output was somewhat less, but not as extreme as I had expected it to be after that length of time. So, it seems to live up to the specs printed on the site and the box. I did not test the hours on low which I think was 230 or so. I have pictures to post and will submit my review on Amazon. Unfortunately, I have to take a quick trip out of town, so I will not get the review up until I return. Just wanted to make sure it was a thorough review.

Hi, it it ok! Just enjoy your trip and when you return you can write a detail review!
Have a nice day!

I posted my review this week and it was very favorable, but something that concerns me is that little hook on the bottom of the light, it looks very flimsy, yet it is intended to carry the full weight of the light, with batteries, while hanging from a tree limb up to eight feet off the ground, and in wind.

Does anyone else have a comment on what appears to be a weakness, that could destroy the lantern?

Posted my review today.

brad: The plastic hook on the bottom is the exact same identical one that is on the bottom of the UST 30 Day Lantern. Seems to be strong and resilient enough. Being tucked in on bottom of lamp also protects from ultraviolet which is pretty unforgiving on plastic and also on any other materials...LOL... Like I said hooks on UST and this one are Identical. Come to think of it lots of similarities between these two. I wouldn't be suprised if they were made in same facility. If the plastic hooks were no good I'm sure we would have heard/read about it from UST reviews by now. They've been out a couple years so far.

It does look the same, I didn’t mention it in my review, but I did want to bring it up here.

I still don’t understand what the material could be, and the way that it joins the lantern, to make it safe to hold all that weight.

Perhaps Waldens can clarify what makes that hook so strong, because it sure doesn’t appear to be so.

Any BLF member doing a review yet? May I know who? :wink:

Strange, it looks like Waldens sent out a lot of lanterns, but there is little discussion here, and only 2 of us have given reviews at Amazon.

Perhaps some of the reviews are taking longer because they are going to be more technical and with full testing of run times.

I never saw one to review; the original post, I guess edited? It now says the review is over and has a discount code to use to buy via the Amazon link.

The first Amazon review says it’s an “amber” light — which is what I was hoping — but the description says it’s a warm white Nichia emitter.

Mine arrived a couple of days ago, but I haven’t had a chance to do a review…

Hi Hank,

Do you received the sample i send to you?
Yes, i edited it since the review is end now. It is Nichia LED warm white….

Andy

Hey Guys,

I just received it Friday. I popped 3 D cells in there. Gonna play with it for a few days and will write a review shortly.

So far the tint is great but closing the tailcap is really hard. Took me awhile to close it.

Just a note on tint color. I called this tint a warm amber in my review. But don't expect an amber YELLOW tint like on the turn signals of your car. The tint (on high and low) is a very very warm white...and it has a nice buttery color to it. Not white not blue but a buttery warm tone.

Now, you want AMBER?...Interesting to note that the 5mm nichia "13-lumen uplight mode" LED is the warmest of all. It is a salmony/yellow heavy 4C tint IMO. And I am comparing it to a couple of 4C tinted torches that I already have. To the general public, it was labeled "Amber" to get the point across that this lantern's tint was not harsh white or blue but rather a nice warm buttery tinted one.. And so "amber" was the description that I used. When all is said and done, tint is subjective to the eye that is perceiving it.

But of course, none of the above would ever apply to us "flashaholics"..

No, I am still waiting to get a sample, I suppose it got lost in the mail.

Do they even make those batteries anymore? I can’t imagine ever buying C or D cells again.

You think the public is only buying AA, AAA, and 9 volt batteries now?