Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

when this GB is greenlit I want in for 1 CW and 1 NW :)

That must be the main attraction which this non-techie is incapable of appreciating.

In for 1x CW & 1x NW.

I'm in for one in NW

I’ll take two. NW.

Shipping. Free world wide i suppose.

There is more going on here than just changing the driver. If you read the OP, you can see a list of the proposed specs. I think there is a lot to like. But you’re right that the driver is the main attraction, at least for me. Here is the thread about the driver, so you can decide for yourself if it is fantastic to a non-techie. :wink:

I hope I am not giving the impression that I am trashing the light. What I am trying to say is that appreciation of this light is like wine tasting. Hope you get the drift.

[Edit]
I am aware of the “wight” thread. It’s over my head.

I just thought you may have missed seeing the actual specs we’re talking about. I’m interested to know what kind of flashlight specs a non-techie such as yourself would get excited about, versus what one wouldn’t. With wine-tasting, as with flashlights, one may learn to appreciate things on technical merit alone. But, what you like may be vastly different. Learning to recognize which technical specs will give you what you already know that you like will help you make more informed purchases.

Cost: at 500 ordered 22/23 dollars, but if we do not reach 500 how much at 200-300-400 lights, any idea or it is all or nothing?

I’m in for 1 NW.

Thx Bugsy36

I do not know at this point. It would depend on what it would cost for EE to get the drivers and the copper. This driver has never been in production so it isn't like finding a warehouse that has them in inventory. Plus the copper has a minimum run also but even if that were to increase in would not be enough to even talk about.

In my opinion...to buy a driver only from someone such as Richard (and I will buy from him for other light) would probably cost approximately $15. So when I take that into consideration the A6 gets a real price reduction that we could not get to otherwise. I really like this driver, if you couldn't tell. LOL.

That’s easy for you to say so. :slight_smile: Hopefully some day something will penetrate my thick skull.

I am 100% in, i want a NW and it engraved with “BLF wight edition” on the side please :wink:

Just the possibility that we can get 100% custom driver now in a GB will change everything :slight_smile:

If they wont do a spring bypass/braid, what about a beryllium copper spring? that should be almost as good.

We should find out more after we get a couple of these in our hands.

You said the triple fits in this size head, is it the 20mm Noctigon 3XP you are talking about?..……someone need to start a GB for the triple XP-L V6 on noctigon + optic upgrade :wink:

Which FET will you use on the A17DD-SO8?

When we talk about “Neutral” white, what tint bin does the OP have in mind?

Whatever is designated. Honestly I see 2C designated nowadays as cool white in the xpl's when I would consider that a NW. So I guess whatever is deemed to be the common NW. I would need to hear what EE has available as availability will play a factor.

Ok. To me, anything in the 2c-3d is NW, but I know some people would add all of the 4 range in there too

1 NW please, thanks!

If for some reason this doesn’t make it to 500, would it be possible to say buy a flashlight and 3 spare emitters or say 5 drivers to boost the thing up to the required amount. Just thinking out loud