Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Thanks

Wow! Almost at 500!

Not yet. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow but I don't know

The original programming was 6 or 7 BUT the light is equipped with a driver that a person could reflash to whatever they wanted. Now TK (ToyKeeper) has been able to rewrite/revamp the programming to have a user choice of 4 or 7 modes, as well as a bunch of hidden modes including a battery check and of late a biking strobe (I think)

Sounds great, as long as max output isn’t sacrificed.

We’re mostly just waiting on EE to build and send test samples. If the hardware is good, we’ll make final tweaks/calibrations on the firmware and then send them updates to use for the production run.

To try to make as many people happy as possible, the firmware allows configuring a couple things — mode group (4 or 7 regular modes) and mode memory (on or off). It also lets people move either forward or backward in the mode sequence based on how long they press the button. And if you go backward twice from the lowest mode, it has some hidden blinky modes that aren’t in the main sequence. Currently these are tactical strobe, beacon/battcheck, and a biking flasher. This isn’t final though, and if there are good ideas about how to make it better I’ll try to do so.

The main limit is ROM space on the attiny. It’s already full, and has had nearly every spare byte squeezed out. So, adding anything else means removing something first to make room.

Perfect, thank you very much.
For me, 4 modes are enough.

But how can I flash the bios? I have do many times with motherboards or others pc components, but never mess with a flashlight.

I do not do that (flash) yet but I have the following thread bookmarked.

Guide: how to flash a NANJG / Qlite driver with custom firmware:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/30672

You can change the mode group from 7 to 4 via the clicky switch, no need to flash it.

And you can simply solder a star on the battery side of the board to select memory or leave it unsoldered for no memory.

Not necessary to re-flash it unless you just don’t like the way it is set up.

The above link is broken. Is this the one you meant?

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/30672

Yes. Thank you!! Fixed now. :)

ill take two

Any tint preference?

NP=No Preference

NW=Neutral White

CW=Cool White

Make that 4 total NW
Cool Light.
Maybe more when time comes to pay.

Is there a close estimate pricing ?

just a clicky switch? No re flash it That’s the music I wanna hear! :bigsmile:

Not set in stone yet.

30-ish
or
50-ish

?
:smiley:

Oh hell no! Originally we were at 22-23. There has been some talk but very little so I am reluctant to say anything.

Count me in for a cw

This is good, but if it is less than twenty is better :bigsmile: