Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

If for some reason this doesn’t make it to 500, would it be possible to say buy a flashlight and 3 spare emitters or say 5 drivers to boost the thing up to the required amount. Just thinking out loud

I'm in for one CW.

Congrats Max! You made 100 on the list ;)

Here's a couple on me :beer:

I vouch for having Nitecorn engraved on the light instead of a BLF design :beer: :tongue:

Not to sound stupid but ...huh? What's that?

Beware, many gags afoot :lol:

From here

From here

which originated from here

Put me down for two, one of each — CW and NW

I don’t see in your post anywhere where the max amperage for this driver is listed, also what about step down?

The amps is dependent on the battery capability and low resistance mods on the springs.

7 modes for a small light isnt too much ?
would we have the chance to buy just the driver?

The 7 modes is to ensure one can always find a perfect mode depending on the battery.

The driver indicated is not in production but you can go to wight's thread and get the parts to build it yourself but you will need the ability to flash the firmware for the mcu OR you can order what is close and what may have helped inspire wight's driver

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=227

One NW please.

That was my question also in post#126 that could be a possible solution to make it to the 500 count, offer the driver and emitter sepeatly

'

I was assuming that he did not want to purchase the light but rather just the driver which is not possible because the A17DD-SO8 driver is not being manufactured by anybody that I am aware of for resale yet. The closest thing available is the 17DD from RMM's store and that is a darned good driver because I have that running a couple S2 Triples but also just single emitter S2's and it just drops in with the retaining ring too.

I understand your point to assure EE and Banggood that if we do not make the needed quantity that we will buy up the components. I do not know how that would happen unless for example Banggood started carrying everything in inventory. Honestly I do not know but still to early to worry about that anyway.

We have lights coming soon. When they arrive they will get the A17DD-SO8 driver and everybody will be able to see what the light and the driver are capable of - good or bad :)

This is also in the OP......

My math that inspired me to attempt this group buy:

• BLF 17DD Diver from RMM w/ options ~$14.25
  • Noctigon 16mm Driver from RMM ~$1.99
  • Subtotal parts 16.24 plus shipping plus cost of flashlight (EE A6 ~$19) = $35.24 +/- vs $22-$23 (or even less if we can get the same success of the X6-SE)

To me that is a huge savings.

Even without this GB, I would also like to suggest to those that can solder (only two solder points at the emitter) take a stock light that you would like to play with (viable quality host host of course) and get yourselves any of the 17/20/22DD drivers from RMM and a copper MCPCB (or emitter on copper if you do not want to reflow). It is a super easy mod very much unlike trying to solder 7135's and well worth the effort.

I could go for a NW unit. I’m more interested in the driver than the host though.

Is there any way we could not get an AR lens on this? At least on the NW models, it kind of ruins the nice neutral tint.

Im in for 1 with NW,

But still waiting on final price and tint options.

It would be great if they could produce that driver and give wight some credit (%of the sale).

Massive +1

I would feel better if wight got a piece of the pie also :slight_smile:

And these driver really should be available from Hank & other similar mod stores like fasttech or maybe even banggood, i hope this group buy makes it more common.

Can't say about the AR lens...but the BLF17dd driver can be purchased at RMM's store.

Let me know if you would like to be added to the list.

If someone provides the driver on its own, it would be good/better to only have 1 shop sell them.