Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

… which is precisely why it’s taking so long.

It sounds like we’ll get an answer to that question soon.

In what post are the numbers mentioned? Is the bypass the GB spec?

By bypass he probably means copper braid / wire soldered to bypass the springs. This is not how the light would come. You would need to do it yourself.

Is this an easy mod to do if you have mediocre soldering skills?

If the samples are on the way, we’ll have actual numbers soon enough.

Everything so far is based on what BLF members have built. Now we’re hoping EE has been able to produce something close to what we already made.

This thread explains how to copper-braid a spring:

It’s important to make sure you don’t saturate the braid with solder though, or it won’t be flexible any more. It only takes a quick touch.

I would say yes, i maybe not look perfect but it don’t have to work enough to lower the resistance over the spring.

And as most things the only way to improve our skills is by doing it, and the spring bypass is good way to get started modding :wink:

I find it much easier to use silicon wire to bypass springs instead of braid.

And remember if you just starting out soldering or are unsure of it, a little flux on the surfaces you want joined together makes all the difference.

I bet most who start soldering & find it a frustrating experience & maybe even stop doing it, never got the importance of using flux & good quality solder, it is just so much easier & so much more fun doing with a little dab of flux to guide the solder & heat :wink:

When I stop and think about it, it’s a wonder that BLF doesn’t have manufacturers lined up at the door.

All of them wanting to learn how to make Upgrade lights. - This would provide quite an advantage for anyone lucky enough to be selected.

Knowledge is Power…

Thanks,
-Chuck

I would imagine that retail brands are a little more worried about making sure nobody can cause their lights to explode or start fires, and care more about that than they do about emitting the maximum possible amount of light. BLF custom lights tend to require a bit more care in order to use them safely.

True enough TK, but there is more to a BLF light than just output.

No way can you use that output without several other things falling into place.

But, you know that:-)

If I were a dumbass maker, I would consider using the design and just cutting the output.

You can always make a bigger light for more output.

Thanks - Enjoy your posts,
-Chuck

Yes, unfortunately true. However, I think this is only to satisfy the American stores that may sell them, I’m not sure the Chinese companies care about this at all. I think their reasons are more that they think in the usual Chinese way: if they make a usual type light they can find lower and lower cost cutrate components and increase the profit that way, thats “better”. They know they can lie about the specs and can still get a bunch of suckers to buy it instead of a light like this one that actually produces high specs, and then make a different model with “better” specs and do it again.

I’m certain they could make more profit with a light like this, the way this one is being made over the longterm, but I get the idea these are smallish production runs and maximum profit vs component cost is rewarded more to the individuals involved, and is therefore more important than profit over long term. So if the individuals making the decision are rewarded not to think in the long term this way as I suspect they aren’t, we wont see this type of idea taking hold.

Also, since you need around double the lumens to see a significant difference in output to all eyes, this one barely jumps to double the “current” light, whereas others in the past haven’t, so this may be a new factor. In the past adding say 400 lumens to the 800 lumen light wasn’t all that significant perceptually, and we were a small group that cared about it. Now that its possibly x2 the output, it may make more of an impression.

Did we decide on tints yet, and gotten anything warmer than 3C? (Ive lost track)

Put me down for a cool white please.

Interesting isn’t it - the less news and updates we have the more registrations to the list :slight_smile:

I guess it will end up as a stellar product at the end.

Can’t wait to see how the samples hold up… getting exited!
Epic budget light if it works as requested

Please put me on the list for a neutral white one :slight_smile:

One cool white… thanks

Please add me to the list for 1 NW. Thanks.

Considering the uncertainty of life and feeling the Need for instant gratification, I thought it wise to order a Stop-Gap measure, just to tide me over.

Just now ordered (so who knows when it will arrive), a Convoy S2+ 2.8A, XM-L2 T-6 4C. - The Red one with the Stainless switch! - Hate those damn Green GITD covers.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_154256.html

Wish is was available in Black, but Red it is for now, because I have only heard good things about that switch. - Something we should be seeing more of in the future from Convoy on other models…I Hope?

I have many other lights slightly above and below this size, but no 18650 “Budget” Tube lights. - So I’m sure that you can see why ‘I Needed to do this’:slight_smile:

Still waiting Patiently for our A6 GB! - (1cw/2nw)

Any comments?

Thanks,
-Chuck

I think the uncertainty of life and the need for instant gratification are two things that should definitely be given their due.