Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Only 2 bytes left:-(

-Chuck

Mode memory can be toggled now in config mode; no need to solder anything.

With memory off, moon is immediately accessible from off and turbo is only one step away. Just click to turn it on, half-press while counting “one one thousand”, then let go. It should go directly to turbo.

Xmas is coming after all and I can never think what to get dad or stepdad… I’m already in at 477 I think, please put me down for 2 more, 1nw, 1cw, cheers.

On second piece in NW for me please. I am already on position 578.
That means over all I want to get two of these Flashlights. Thanks.

Seeing that this will be a gifting item for some and probably the most complex clicking flashlight I’ll have for a long time, will there be instructions for the mode clicking included with the purchase of these flashlights when finished?

Also, how do I go about practicing flashing this driver now? I’m worried I don’t have the needed items to connect to the board for flashing. Please point me in the right direction.

Not sure that they’ll include a printed guide, but you can at least use the online files included in the firmware repository. Those include a text manual and a state diagram (which is sort of in progress).

To flash drivers, I suggest reading the README file linked from the firmware thread. It includes a variety of resources which should be useful.

FWIW, here’s the current interface diagram… it’s a little busy, but I’m not sure how to represent everything visually:

Short press = ascending level (ie. low to high)

Long press = descending level (high to low).

In other words: Short press Increases brightness, while long press decreases brightness.

I LOVE this UI!

Thanks TK!

-Chuck

Great work TK, the discussions on the UI of the driver make the wait for this GB difficult. Can't wait to eventually hold the final product in hand to try it out.

I put together my 10th Eagle Eye X6 using a Fraen diamond pattern reflector and the Luminus SBT-70. I am very pleased with it, as, knowing it would be a power hungry hot rod, I modified the big Copper heat sink I designed for the Carclo quad so it would fit the reflector instead. Then, being so pleased, I engraved my name on it and the proprietary W/TK. Then I realized something. It had Richards MTN board and a simple 4 mode UI from way back when all the flashing first got started! SO, what choice did I have but to build a 17mm DD FET +1 driver from Wight and put ToyKeepers A6 firmware in it? :slight_smile:

The beam profile is very nice, semi large hot spot with very little spill. In the lower modes all you can see is the hot spot. And it’s a chunk, with that big head-filling copper sink. Typical for the Luminus emitters, it gobbles up the cell and is very stingy with lumens output. 17.52A for a measly 1500 lumens. You can feel the heat coming through the head in as little as 10 seconds!

I tested the LG HE2, HE4, Efest 35A and Samsung 20R. The LG HE2 yielded the most current draw, with the others falling surprisingly far behind. So, if this Luminus can draw over 17A from a single cell, then I highly recommend the use of the LG HE2 for any power hungry monster light in your stable. By comparison, the Panasonic PD yielded a miserly 12.23A. That’s the wonderful thing about these FET drivers. If you want to loan the light to a friend, simply put a less capable cell in it for safety. :wink: With a handful of variants on Li-ion cells, you can pick and choose for run-time vs. sheer output, almost like dialing in what you want it to do. :slight_smile: [35A did 15.47A, LG HE4 did 16.73A, Samsung 20R did 15.74A]

Have I mentioned that I LOVE TK’s firmware? :wink:

B42, don’t forget that with this driver you can simply back up if you go one too high. A long press, about 1/2 second, will reverse back to a lower mode if you find yourself on too bright a level. And the 2 groups are easily swapped by simply clicking a gazillion times (ok, 16 times) After 16 presses it quits responding… stop and watch for a blink to confirm you’ve changed to the other group. So you don’t have to give up anything. Use 7 modes for one thing, 4 for another. It’s always right there, a few seconds away. :wink:

Yeah it sounds nice, forward/reverse will help significantly I’m sure, haven’t used one like that yet. I just had a family visitor so I had some of the question/complaints about moon recently in my head.

I’ve read a few times now that the SBT70 is an underperforming heat monster, what made you want to try it? Have you done every other mod already? Wouldn’t surprise me!!!

Thank you Toykeeper, a TEST CLIP 8PIN SOIC was the missing piece of the puzzle for me. Had no idea something like that existed, was thinking it was going to be a pain and expense to clip something to each leg.

I think people usually go for the SBT70 just for looks. It is a round emitter. But, also, it is a ~3V emitter, so it works as a replacement for MT-G2 in lights where ~6V is not do-able.

is there any possibility to order extra drivers along with the flashlight? i think it would be great to be able to get some extra drivers for a “chinese price”!

No, we’ve had this conversation before. No extra drivers. Sorry.

i think i’ve read through all of this thread, but couldn’t remember if the question had been asked before.
any reason why there won’t be any extra drivers? since they already will have to make 700 drivers, why not make another 1000? i know i would buy a couple extra…

Iirc they just want to focus on getting the flashlight built at this time. We can always explore interest in anything else after the flashlight is a smashing success.

Well, I looked back over the thread. I think if you start around post #151 and read a while, you’ll get the idea. :wink: If you need more clarity, perhaps you should PM bugsy36. :slight_smile:

ok, thanks!
it seems like the permission to use this driver is for this run of the group buy, and not for anything else. so EE or BG can’t sell these drivers outside this flashlight. And perhaps with adding drivers to the GB it would be a bit too complex to handle.
I’d still like a couple of extra drivers without having to build them myself or order from USA, which makes them not-so-budget for me, but i guess not this time then :slight_smile: