Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I believe the common answer is: In good time before christmas. However the year is still to be decided.

I am interested in this one if it is still available. For a NW version….Put me in for one

MountainKing,

Still available?

Since you’re NEW here, ‘perhaps’ we can make a spot for you…

But, I dunno.

Maybe Bugsy will let you in?

BTW - Happy 1,500!

:slight_smile:

-Chuck

Whoooaaa. What a great way to make a 1500 post man….I didnot even realise it!
Posting a want post on a custom flashlight, custom driver on an epic thread :D. I’ve never been a custom group buy. Hope I can still be included. But being new here does not help my case :frowning:

We may let you off the hook, if you do a 1500post givaway? :bigsmile: ;-)

Haha actually there is a GB sponsored one coming soon. Took much of my time to getting it organised :stuck_out_tongue: Hope that qualifies!!

I will be updating everyone on Sunday morning when I have off from work :)

Spill the beans...., ..OR Else we will buy even more lights....

I have my lightbox calibrated pretty close to selfbuilt’s, so I can confirm that 0.30 lm on the BLF-A6 will be significantly more light than 0.04lm on the Ti3.

The first round of EE A6 samples was pretty good, but its moon performance was more varied than expected. One sample would get 0.10 lm while another got 0.50 lm with the same settings and same battery. And the off-time measurements varied depending on temperature. We’re trying to fix those things now.

Turbo step-down isn’t a user-toggle-able feature, but you’re welcome to modify the code and reflash the driver. However, the level it steps down to is what most other lights call “turbo”, so it’s basically like having no turbo step-down on a normal light plus an additional super-turbo mode.

monday morning in 14 minutes…
(at least here in €urope :stuck_out_tongue: )

Maybe he’s at work :wink:

An update mustn’t be too far off.

haha! In New York...everything is 48 hours before everybody else. In Florida everything is 48 hours after everybody else

Here is the update til now.

• Looking at 2 manufacturers for this light. EE and brand X
  • Trying to come up with clip for light. EE may be able to use X6 tube with clip and brand X is looking to see if deep carry clip can be made.
  • EE had better driver with single FET but problems on low mode. We think we know why and new samples have been made where if I understand correctly this time they have used Wight's schematic exactly. Banggood will be contacting EE to get the samples.
  • Brand X sent samples with different drivers. We did not like those drivers because Dale's tests show inefficiency where there are greater amps but fewer lumens. Allegedly new drivers are being manufactured so we are waiting to see what happens there.

We all know EE and like what EE has but EE was taking way too long to give the needed attention. My patience gave way and that is when we started talking to brand X. Brand X responded immediately and produced samples within two weeks and is even trying to manufacture a clip for us. As it stands for now...this next round of samples may be the last and deciding round. Just as a note, this time it took EE only two weeks to get something together.

Thanks for the update and all the work you have done in organising this one. Look forward to news on how the latest samples work out.

Sounds very good bugsy36, thanks for the update :slight_smile:

I have to say 2 weeks turnaround for brand x sounds promising for future GB’s, because EE & Luckysun takes fore ever to get something done it feels sometimes.

Anyway it sounds like you have a good strategy :wink: to get them to move a bit faster :slight_smile:

After all that money I sent to 'Individual A', now I have to pay off 'Brand X'?

What's this world coming to? J)

Do we get to know the name of brand X even if it won’t go through with them?

Such a fast response is very nice and might be interesting for other GB projects.

(And it’s fun to guess who it is and see if your guess is right :stuck_out_tongue: )

'X' is a good brand name, it will look good on the flashlight :-)

Just like XX eneloops.