Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Capitalization, you can send a pm to yourself to test it. hALO… works fine. Same as Halo…

Well, when I PM to “Hank” from my own account, that works (message Name field gives a dropdown that offers three options: “hank” and “Hank Wang” and “hank69” so I was wondering what it would default to, when I didn’t make a choice from that dropdown).

“T”hanks …

In for a NW!

Yes. Case sensitive matters for passwords and not user names. User names can be but usually are not but unless needed for ultra high security logons.

I agree with the host idea, if it would delay the GB to get the shiny ones as an option.

Hi Bugsy36

A few of us in the other custom group-buy being arranged by kronological (LuckySun D80-SE) have asked if there was any chance for the light to use the new XP-L HI emitter (as an option with the planned XM-L2).

Unfortunately he made it clear that it would not be possible on that light. So I thought we would pose the same question to you; especially as this light is already planning to use the regular XP-L HD emitter...

What are your own thoughts on this mate?

Hirsh

I’m sure an XP-L HI version would cost a bit more but I’d go for one!

I would change my 2 units to XP-L HI if I had the option.

Can you put me down for one cw and one nw, thanks.

Hi

but me down for 2 of the CW please

also what is the lumens output will it be?

At a guess, this late into the process, I doubt that change will be possible. However, it should be possible in future projects after the XP-L HI has become more mature and easier to acquire.

This isn’t really my department though, so I’m just guessing.

Why do you guys want the XP-L HI? At least according to Cree’s data sheets it lumens wise is much inferior to the regular XP-L HD’s top flux bins.

But Dale’s curious result in his Meteor put that slightly in to question, so i look forward to when djozz will push & measure the HI to the edge.

But the A6 is a OP reflector light, so what is the point of more throw?
I actually will try some DC-fix on mine to get an even smoother beam, before i upgrade it to a triple that is :wink:

Yea,

I think that you’re right, TK…

Gotta be a big demand and a short supply right now.

OTOH, if we can drag this GB out for another 6 months, then who knows:-)

-Chuck

Final samples should be here soon, but I expect the output will be much like the best of the earlier samples.

So, it depends on the battery… but output should range from about 1200 to 1600 lumens (higher with better batteries and higher if you bypass the springs). I got 1400 lumens from an unmodded sample with a 25R cell, but a LG HE4 and a spring bypass should get it to 1600 or so.

On the low end, it should have a moon of about 0.2 to 0.5 lumens, but I’m waiting until I measure the final samples before I declare victory on this.

From post 2169
>>Emitters will be V5 1A and V6 3C

I can find the Cool White V5 1A on cree’s data sheet for XP-L
http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/Data%20and%20Binning/ds%20XPL.pdf
But I cant find the V6 3C… any pointers on where to find it so I can compare outputs?
Thanks.
STL

The V6 is one flux bin higher than the V5 or 6,5-7% more in lumens output. But remember Cree only spec them up to 3A & we will run the much higher than that in this light + on a copper DTP mcpcb.

I guess it comes down to a preference between a few lumens sacrifice (~150Lm) for greater throw (~200m). My personal thoughts are that on an emitter already pushing out >1000Lm, the loss of 150Lm at the top-end would be negligible compared to gaining 200m distance which is a more visible benefit.

Therefore if comparing the emitters like-for-like (ie. when de-domed) the HI would be the better choice for: Tint (no colour shift when de-domed), efficiency, output. There are some great tests and explanations in these two threads:

XP-L High Intensity vs XP-L vs XP-L DeDomed - https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/34496

Olight M3X-UT Javelot (Dedomed XP-L, 3 or 4xCR123A, 2x18650) Review - http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?403910-Olight-M3X-UT-Javelot-(Dedomed-XP-L-3-or-4xCR123A-2x18650)-Review

Thank you… I’m still a bit confused about the Emitter options - and if there was an option for a cool white V6 I’d prefer it - but I guess I’ll have to wait til the write up of what the final samples look like. Thanks everyone. STL

Please list me for one NW :slight_smile:

And thank you guys for all your efforts! :slight_smile:

TK is 100% correct. At the moment the availability is not there. If one really wants a dedomed XPL just blow on it. I swear there is nothing holding it on as I have accidentally dedomed 2 without even try while soldering wires.

For the cool white and neutral emitters...I am trying to get us the highest bin that we can get. I will know more on tomorrow or Monday.