Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Why do you guys want the XP-L HI? At least according to Cree’s data sheets it lumens wise is much inferior to the regular XP-L HD’s top flux bins.

But Dale’s curious result in his Meteor put that slightly in to question, so i look forward to when djozz will push & measure the HI to the edge.

But the A6 is a OP reflector light, so what is the point of more throw?
I actually will try some DC-fix on mine to get an even smoother beam, before i upgrade it to a triple that is :wink:

Yea,

I think that you’re right, TK…

Gotta be a big demand and a short supply right now.

OTOH, if we can drag this GB out for another 6 months, then who knows:-)

-Chuck

Final samples should be here soon, but I expect the output will be much like the best of the earlier samples.

So, it depends on the battery… but output should range from about 1200 to 1600 lumens (higher with better batteries and higher if you bypass the springs). I got 1400 lumens from an unmodded sample with a 25R cell, but a LG HE4 and a spring bypass should get it to 1600 or so.

On the low end, it should have a moon of about 0.2 to 0.5 lumens, but I’m waiting until I measure the final samples before I declare victory on this.

From post 2169
>>Emitters will be V5 1A and V6 3C

I can find the Cool White V5 1A on cree’s data sheet for XP-L
http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED%20Components%20and%20Modules/XLamp/Data%20and%20Binning/ds%20XPL.pdf
But I cant find the V6 3C… any pointers on where to find it so I can compare outputs?
Thanks.
STL

The V6 is one flux bin higher than the V5 or 6,5-7% more in lumens output. But remember Cree only spec them up to 3A & we will run the much higher than that in this light + on a copper DTP mcpcb.

I guess it comes down to a preference between a few lumens sacrifice (~150Lm) for greater throw (~200m). My personal thoughts are that on an emitter already pushing out >1000Lm, the loss of 150Lm at the top-end would be negligible compared to gaining 200m distance which is a more visible benefit.

Therefore if comparing the emitters like-for-like (ie. when de-domed) the HI would be the better choice for: Tint (no colour shift when de-domed), efficiency, output. There are some great tests and explanations in these two threads:

XP-L High Intensity vs XP-L vs XP-L DeDomed - https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/34496

Olight M3X-UT Javelot (Dedomed XP-L, 3 or 4xCR123A, 2x18650) Review - http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?403910-Olight-M3X-UT-Javelot-(Dedomed-XP-L-3-or-4xCR123A-2x18650)-Review

Thank you… I’m still a bit confused about the Emitter options - and if there was an option for a cool white V6 I’d prefer it - but I guess I’ll have to wait til the write up of what the final samples look like. Thanks everyone. STL

Please list me for one NW :slight_smile:

And thank you guys for all your efforts! :slight_smile:

TK is 100% correct. At the moment the availability is not there. If one really wants a dedomed XPL just blow on it. I swear there is nothing holding it on as I have accidentally dedomed 2 without even try while soldering wires.

For the cool white and neutral emitters...I am trying to get us the highest bin that we can get. I will know more on tomorrow or Monday.

Oh man…can’t wait for this…going to be epic…waiting…just tell us where to send the money :wink:

1 NW please.

Wow, nice… I think that in the original post on the other Group Buy, I (and others) were interested due to that light being more of a thrower anyway. I am good with the bins on this one that you are sourcing anyway. When the XP-L HI is more available, I will just order one on copper and two soldered leads later have the option to see what that looks like in this light. I am still stinkin’ excited at both these Group Buys. This one for the driver/UI (thanks TK!), the other for the mini thrower size.

Put me down for 1 more NW (total of five now all NW).

Wow this thread suddenly exploded, gone for a bit and now all this.

Im down for 1 nw and 1 cw, but rather both be NW (since 3c tint) and I dont care about this anodized or not roasting hand thing (leave a black flashlight laying on your truck bed in the sun by mistake….OUCH) I WANT NAKED if possible. The specs of the light, naked case, about to get naked and enjoy myself over this.

Ok, i got why you want it. But in pflexpro’s test he used a C8 (i think a C8 is 41,5mm) & that is not comparable with a tiny OP reflector like the A6 that is smaller than half that (i think its 20mm), so you wont get any 200m extra throw in it. I would be surprised if we even get to 200m at all from a fully resistance modded A6-SE + a dedomed top flux bin XP-L from the A6.

For me in a tiny or small EDC light, i want the light where i am & not sending the spot far away + with high lumens output, at least to my eyes a smaller spot hurts my eyes, so i very much prefer a more floddy & smooth beam for close up use.

[quote=cajampa] Ok, i got why you want it. But in pflexpro's test he used a C8 & that is not comparable with a tiny OP reflector like the A6, so you wont get any 200m extra throw in it. I would be surprised if we even get to 200m at all from a fully resistance modded A6-SE + a dedomed top flux bin XP-L from the A6. [/quote]

Yeah you're right, I hadn't factored the reflector size!

As ReManG pointed out, it was originally requested - and better suited - to the other GB as the LuckySun has a much larger/throwy reflector.

Perhaps I should have left it over in that thread, but other emitter options are always nice anyway.

Stoked for both custom BLF lights just as much, however they turn out.

Hirsh

No worries, i have made plenty of similar mistakes here myself :wink:

And my favourite thing about a fellow BLFer correcting them, is I most likely wont make the same mistake next time :slight_smile:

Are there any batteries that perform better? If not, I'm ordering LG HE4's. Better have them ready when this one arrives :)

I see the light at the end of this GB tunnel… :bigsmile:

Thanks for the effort to all the people that made a huge load of work till now…

1 NW please. Thanx All!

Samsung 30Q or LG HG2 https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/samsung-inr18650-30q-vs-lg-inr18650-hg2-shootout-results.681263/
More capacity and lower voltage sag.