Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

You’re too kind

Perhaps… but he was also at least twice my age and gay. Not sure the usual flirty thing was going on. It seemed like he just wanted someone to understand and relate to his excitement. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Guys never think they are too old!

I suppose. :smiley: Hard to counter that.
Though he could always be less than 100% gay. Or you’re his exception to the rule. :crown:

Can we still join to group buy? or order seperately?

Yes, you can still join. You just have to chant the magic incantation, which is something like “I’m in for 5 NW”.

BTW, I discovered recently that Vinh sells a light similar to the BLF A6… and it reminded me just how fantastic of a deal this light is! Compared to the Vinh model, the BLF A6 has an upgraded driver, additional firmware features, and it costs like a fifth as much for a comparable configuration.

Vinh does great work, but in this case I think we’ve made something even nicer! :slight_smile:

(and soon there will be a BLF X6v2/K6 combo with the same benefits plus more, in Krono’s new group buy)

(edit: the above was originally supposed to be posted here but I accidentally put it in the other thread… oops)

I’m one of those who sincerely hope the selection is based on the qualities of the flashlights and not the clips, bottom line.

I find the clip discussion disconcerting, at best (frankly, I don’t give a fig about the clip, ladies and gentlemen).

Guessing you mean his SL2? I watched his video the other day and thought “by crikey, that looks like an A6!!!”
This one

Yes, that one. I didn’t mention the name or details though, because he does good work and I don’t want anyone getting salty or bickering about other-site politics.

I just hadn’t realized before how unbelievably good a deal the BLF A6 is, until I saw the prices a similar product brings in.

But then again, looking at a local retail store would tell me the same thing. For the price of an A6 the best I can find at the local mega-mart is a “1 Watt” LED bike light with no published specs. It’s probably like a dollar per lumen!

Will the group buy units be a 1 time only offer? Or will they become mass production afterwards?

+1 :smiley:

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Vinh and his work and would never disrespect it (also have a bunch of his lights as seen in my signature line) however I’ve never been a fan of him buying the cheaper lights and modding them.

Do you expect this A6 to be comparable to his light or will his still be the superior light? (PM me if you’d prefer)

i'll take his :P

i wish i had a fig ...

Hello

One for me - NW.

Thank you.

Please add me to the buy list for 1 - NW
Thanks for all your effort on this.

This GB is about a tube light and a specific driver. While many showed enthusiasm about the deep carry clip it was actually more about the manufacturer's willingness to try and give us something that is not pre-made. In short....those reviewing have a main focus towards quality and function of the heart..the driver.

I don't know. That has never been discussed because in all truthfulness...sourcing this driver's components as WE want them and the copper has been a PITA. The host from Manker is also a one-off host...ie because the clip's retention groove is actually being placed there by the host manufacturer but it isn't part of the usual production host.

I will respond to that. I too respect what Vihn does...how can you not? AT THE SAME TIME....this light IS superior to a good number of lights out there and I am not referring to the $7 C8's...I am referring to high end and custom lights. No other lights have this driver or UI. That does not mean that the parts or driver cannot be had (go to http://www.mtnelectronics.com/ and place your order and even consider Richard's assembly service). What it does mean is that you cannot get all of this in a $22/$23 package as you can here.

I think that Eagle Eye and Manker are similar in quality from what I have seen. In the end it will be a great light no matter who makes it. The fact that one company designed and built a deep carry clip just for this light, while another company legoed different parts together from their line to get a clip attached speaks volumes to who wants the work…

Either one will be heads above any other tube light I am considering, even without a clip.

TK, you coulda got him to buy like a dozen A6’s! :stuck_out_tongue:

I couldn’t have been so “humane”, I’d have pulled out an X6 with 3500 lumens and blasted his little dino into oblivion where it belongs, then explained how he could get this impressive beast for $30 less than he paid for his weak LED upgrade. :slight_smile:

Might have even sold him my light right there on the spot, so I could go home and build another one! :bigsmile:

These lights, the X6 and A6, are the cutting edge of this game right here, right now! Get the A6 fitted with the new XP-L HI and it just don’t get no bettah! (I’m trying some optics, have a few coming in, trying to get throw out of these little tubes. Looks promising, should at the very least see a substantial gain over the reflector in hot spot performance. Maybe we could get em to do something or maybe a quick and easy retrofit of the reflector for those interested… we’re talking about a $3 drop-in component here. I’ll let y’all know how this shapes up, should have some in the next few days)

Hi Dale,

You said: “Get the A6 fitted with the new XP-L HI and it just don’t get no bettah!”

May I take this to mean that the A6 will be available to us in the GB with the XP-L Hi?

If so, then that will be Really Cutting Edge!

Thanks,
-Chuck

Chuck, unfortunately no XP-L HI on this A6 GB as confirmed by Bugsy.

This XP-L HI question was asked and addressed in posts 2250 - 2264.

Response from Bugsy was:

Hirsh