Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Just ordered 2, 1x 1A and 1x 3D. Thanks to all who put this together and allowing me to give in to my new addiction.

I am very late to this party. I’d be interested in 2 x NW please.

Good choice, even leaving space to realize you really like neutral and maybe even warm better, then buy other lights! After all, its a requirement here in the Northwest for half the year to have a good light, and hopefully a handwarmer good light to keep you warm in the rain while you walk. :wink:

I am in for one in 5A. :slight_smile:

Yes, I do &/or should know better.

But I am certain that once we all have used the BLF A6 with Wight's FET+1 driver combined with TK's firmware...,

..then Many of us will want that combination in our future lights...,

...& Many will even start modding our old lights to have the same driver+firmware.

It's a Good day reason to start modding.

And where there is demand, supply almost certainly follows.

The only question is what quality will they supply.

Best Regards,

George

Hi! Anyone who wants a bare aluminum silver-colored light should sign up in the interest thread:

Neal asked me to put together an interest list so he will know how many to make.

Bugsy, could you also mention this in the OP here?

Then finally 3D is in stock (the first 500), so people that have ordered their 3D will see shipment today I think.
Hope BangGood has spared/reserved the 5A so the order actually goes out, and that we don’t have to wait two more weeks before getting the 5A that they are out of stock now, and not expected before 1.September.

I have an order in for 1x 1A - 2x 3D and 1 x 5A made one to two hours after the code was released. So I really hope they send it today.

Just ordered mine, 1A (CW) and 3D (cool NW)

Almost ordered a 5A but the warmer tints don’t really do it for me

maybe 5A tint is capable to output more lumens from the led ?

Just the opposite, cooler tints produce more lumens.

which switch is installed into a flashlight? It will not break on the current of 5+ amperes?

fantastic flashlight,
I ordered with LED 5000°K and I look forward to testing. 8)
Thanks to all who participated in the development

I ordered 1A yesterday and today I got email that it was dispatched :slight_smile:

Excellent, thank you very much. :bigsmile:

Thanks bugsy- order accepted.

Huh, ordered a 1A and 3D, both are showing as in stock, but mine’s been processing since the 14th. Didn’t order a 5D.

I will say that the LuckySun D80 GB really needs this light’s driver, the stock UI is screwy.

edit - just saw that the 3D just came back in stock, so hopefully ships soon! (kinda excited, can’t ya tell?)

Loved your 5mm light torture test on the other forum, hope to see some more good stuff like that over here! Welcome!

Yeah mine is shipped today :smiley:

Do you know if these drivers will become a purchasable item?

George :) 100% correct on all points except where you mention the supply and demand. I think that everybody that wants these drivers need to learn to build the driver themselves if they are that concerned about the literally few dollars that Richard makes. Pre-programmed MCU's can be ordered from Richard at a very cheap price.

Everybody assumes that everything is cheaper in China than any place else. That is simply not true. We tried getting the driver made with their equivalent components and they are far from equivalent. In the end that was not possible and "our" components are more expensive. Short story....This driver cannot be made cheaply and to achieve a decent but still expensive price you are looking at a minimum order quantity of 1000. Who is going to front that? ....And please do not say that while they are making them "give me an extra 100" because there is not enough money there for anybody.

If anybody wants this driver the choices are....

1. Learn to make them...not that hard
  2. Find someone here that makes them....again not that hard
  3. Order from Richard and stop being insultingly cheap because he adds $5 for his trouble

It has been covered extensively and as far as I am concerned the case is closed