Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I think you’re looking for this:

I replaced the 7135 and all the modes work as advertised. So in my case, these symptoms proved to be due to bad 7135 or badly soldered 7135.

Good to know. That’s what I (and Dale) suspected the problem was. Will try that.

The first batch on sale was the 1A and 5A units. The second production covered the first release 3D torches. Given the production issues we’ve seen, it suggests that they we’re keen to rush out the 3D torches. Common sense would suggest that if they noticed Production issues on the first run, that they would correct to make sure that the second batch were better in Quality. It’s hard to know yet but some of the feedback seen on faults highlights issues all round, tailcap screws, switch not working, glued head, poor boring of tube, driver soldering and anodisation. It’s all over the place. On a positive not for the many who have a properly working torch they are extremely pleased.

Thank you for the heads up, Toykeeper!

I have built many drivers described here and none exhibited the turbo-to-moon flash. My guess is in the component selection. I used NXP PSMN6R5-25YLC supplied by Mouser. This has double the RDSon compared to the PSMN3R0-30YL used by Manker. But the PSMN6R5-25YLC has much lower gate charge characteristics. I selected it to save money, but it looks like it works better.

When I have time I will swap the FETs in the Manker driver and report on the results.

So, here is how it was packed inside of the thin envelope...

Nice box!

Very good presentation upon opening.

My initial impressions are that the light looks great! So I pulled the battery out of my light in the truck and it turned on, had to verify that ML is so low on it... I love that! Modes shifted as expected and without memory, gonna have to fix that. This little light has an incredibly even and round hotspot, I am not sure yet but maybe better than an S2+. Oh, and the tint... Wow 5A is awesome, this is my first 5A light! I am sure it will not be my last.

I had high hopes for the deep carry clip, but they were dashed when I tried to pocket it. It will not drop over the seam around the pocket of a pair of jeans. I will have to put a Convoy clip on it. Not a big deal, but I really wanted to be able to EDC this light in a jeans pocket.

When I took her apart, I found no lube on the switch end of the battery tube. Threads were still very smooth, gotta love that. With NO-OX-ID A they got even better. Took a little work to get the head off, but did find lube on those threads. I took out the driver retention ring but could not remove the pill... Anyone know how?

I love the light! Now I need to order my second one.

Matt

Interested in this group buy,
PM sent

Hhmm, I'd be interested in your findings. I get the flash on almost every FET+1 driver I've built, but I usually use the so-called high performance FET - the SIR800DP. Probably doesn't make much if any difference, but the flash to moon happens almost every time. A 20K resistor across the FET input (to grnd) helps reduce it, and reduces the flash that occurs. It seems to go from consistent to intermittent.

It’s like if you have a dozen socks a drawer and eight of them are blue, if you grab one at random chances are it’ll be blue.
[/quote]

… reminds me of that old question. If you have 25 white socks in a drawer along with 25 black socks, and it is pitch black in the room, how many socks would you

have to take out to make sure you had a matching pair?

I’ve built quite a few of these myself. I’ve only had one exhibit that behavior. It was one of two e-switch lights I have (not sure if that makes a difference)

There is no separate pill. The body section with “BLF” on it effectively is the pill, and the driver retainer screws directly into it. So, remove the bezel and battery tube and you should be left with the pill.

In front of the LED, right?

I received my two flashlights - one 3D and one 5A.

Everything is perfect with the 3D light.

As to the 5A - read the quote above. The light behaves exactly as Gj described with the main problem being "No moon, two modes at the same level, no battery check"

Just got a supposedly 3D. It’s yellowish than CW. Greatly relieved that no offset tube and switch issues. The first thing I wanted was set to memory mode. Somebody posted this: [EDIT: posted by Halo…]

Click 15 or more times.
The light will slowly blink twice then pause (go off).
Wait until it blinks again then click the light off.
You have now toggled the memory mode on/off.

Is the above click full, short or medium?

Do you pause in between the 15 clicks?
When exactly does the blink twice happen?
How long is the pause in between the blinks?

As you can tell so far unable to set to memory mode.

excuse my stupidity, I just want to make sure that the item in this picture unscrews into two parts? Thank you.

Just found it, thought I had to short 3 to 4 but decided to play awhile… now I do not have to take it all the way apart!

Turn light on, soft click until it turns off and on the 4th blink turn the light off and memory is enabled! Now it is perfect, 7 modes, real moon and memory!

Matt

Saypat - Yes :)

Sam - Give me a minute to edit this and I will explain how

• With palm in front of light, half-press until light stops coming on
  • when light stops coming on there are two sets of two flashes
  • The first set of flashes is to change the quantity of modes 7>>4 or 4>>7
  • The second set is for memory
  • If you want to change quantity of modes...turn the light off immediately when you see the first flash from the first set
  • If you want to set memory...SKIP the first set of flashes until the second begins and when you see the second begin turn light off immediately

Mine does not turn off

How fast is the blink? Like a strobe?