Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Great a Biking Strobe
Now I have to order more lights because my Son will want one and extras for his “Team Mates”

And with all the features this light will have will we have to take a test or have a Special License to carry,own these :slight_smile:

If they do this for $20 I would guess they will sell 1000 the first week.

Sorry Cajampa, no, Dad got an untouched BLF SE X6. Giving it to him was the only way I could preserve one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry the stock GB light will not come with this option, but you can flash the driver with a version of this firmware that has this feature enabled.

I know how it is i just got my X6-SE 4C today finally, i am just itching to rip it apart to install the triple or the quad in it :smiley: but i will try to wait for the X6 host+box instead, or at least take it night running before it mod it with something else than the 4C. I want to see how a warmer hue resolve important details at speed for better feet placement & traction in the dark.
Maybe i just FET mod it & bypass the springs to quiet the urge a bit :bigsmile:

I will have to get “The Boy” going on how to flash these drivers.
He should be able to figure it out with a little help and put that EE and ME Degree to good use :slight_smile:

Sounds like a great plan, point him to this thread and i am sure he will get going in no time, and you can pick up the needed hardware before hand :wink:

He should be able to do it with a little help like I said, plus I would like to learn a little more also.
A little hard to pin him down with all the bike riding/racing he is involved with.

Yeah, uh, throwers make bad headlights. :slight_smile:

FWIW, DC-Fix is from Germany; it’s probably easy to get some where you are. The “sand” variety works best for light diffusion purposes — not quite as nice as a frosted lens, but close. I have it on about half my flashlight lenses.

Also, here’s how DC-Fix compares to a zoomie (SK-68) at the same lumen level. It’s hard to see here, but the reflector-based light with diffusion film actually illuminates the ground a lot more evenly than a zoomie, because it gets brighter at the center (and thus provides a fairly even level of light going forward, while a zoomie rapidly gets dimmer with distance:

This shows a diffused light lifted off the ground by only a tissue box (~24cm); the beam would be even higher while running or biking, and thus smoother for more even illumination for a wide area:

I think both of the lights shown are a little more throwy than the EE A6, so I’d expect its beam to be even smoother.

Good info, i will be searching for some DC-Fix “sand” for my flashlight mod toolkit then.

And the “lights the ground more” sounds just what i need, if i can just find the perfect host i can start to search for the perfect tint :smiley: for now i suspect warmer is better for gradient resolution for more optimal & safer foot placement.

But for snow the 3D tint is surprisingly good, it is almost easier to see at night with a flashlight than at mid day when everything is snowy & white & there is so much reflected light, but that can just be my general light sensitivity kicking me in the eyes & making me squint :smiley: maybe i should try finding some good shades 8)

My favorite tint is the Nichia 219B ~4500K 92CRI emitter. My second favorite is Cree’s 3D bin. They’re very similar to each other, only the Nichia makes colors “pop” a bit more. The 219B is only capable of a third as many lumens as the XP-L though, so it’s not a good choice for this particular light.

TK, you should see the Luminus SBT70, 5000K with a 90CRI. The light coming off it’s factory no-dome is smooth and even, Linus Hoffman has a thread on a bigger big head Courui and he shows some pics of the bare emitter fired up, you should look. Not like a Cree at all, no color shift towards the edges, just smooth white nice light.

It’s a pretty big emitter, sitting on the MT-G2 star. It has a round die, not square, and a flat glass window covering it. Very low Vf, can be driven at low voltage or up to 10A+. I should point out that it’s a 3V emitter. :wink:

Dale - sorry for what? It's those innovations and pushing the envelope that make things like a 1600 lumen tube light possible

Please add one NW for me. Thanks.

Go for the gusto, that’s what I always say! lol

I have had an SBT70 in a chopped minimag, running in mule config and it’s cool as all get out! MT-G2 in the small light is pretty awesome as well.

Having a small single AA light that takes 2 Li-ion cells and makes killer output is a shocker, always fun, not necessarily always a great idea. :wink:

One NW please. Thanks.

SupFire is still SupFire, Acebeam used to be Supbeam (with a short trial as Microbluebear. )

I couldn’t remember if the soup was in the fire or just exactly what that bad smell was…

Interesting, so you also like the 3D, the only thing if i are going to get really picky is that colors look slightly washed out from it, i noticed that when i have been experimenting on mixing tints by shining several flashlights with different tints on to the same very strongly coloured batik fabric.

But when walk around inside with the 3D i often think to my self, i could actually want this for in house permanent installed lights, but i am planning to try the CRI 95 Cree CXA1304 LED for that instead & it should provide all the light quality i could ever want if i can make it work anyway :wink:

I have also noticed that i don’t really like tints from above the BBL line, and i wonder if a lighter retina make you experience the yellow in those tints above more strongly, because i have read that some people here actually prefer those 2C/3C tints, like for example Richard who likely have handled & experienced more tints than most have.

Or it could be that most haven’t experienced the 3D because it seems to be slightly rare at least in the top flux bin anyway.

I’ve used both 3C and 3D tints, and I prefer 3D. It’s closer to the slightly rosy hue of a 92CRI Nichia 219B, and it helps compensate for a bias in my eyes. I seem to be slightly blue-shifted, in that I can see some of the near-UV spectrum but have trouble seeing dim shades of deep red. So, the slightly increased red hue of 3D makes things look just about right.

As for yellows or warm whites, they make my eyes hurt. 2700K is painful and my eyes never adjust to it. If I try to read in that kind of light, the colors start rapidly inverting until everything is grey and all I can see is the contrast at the edges of shapes.

Sign me up for (1) NW :bigsmile: