Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Wow, nice… I think that in the original post on the other Group Buy, I (and others) were interested due to that light being more of a thrower anyway. I am good with the bins on this one that you are sourcing anyway. When the XP-L HI is more available, I will just order one on copper and two soldered leads later have the option to see what that looks like in this light. I am still stinkin’ excited at both these Group Buys. This one for the driver/UI (thanks TK!), the other for the mini thrower size.

Put me down for 1 more NW (total of five now all NW).

Wow this thread suddenly exploded, gone for a bit and now all this.

Im down for 1 nw and 1 cw, but rather both be NW (since 3c tint) and I dont care about this anodized or not roasting hand thing (leave a black flashlight laying on your truck bed in the sun by mistake….OUCH) I WANT NAKED if possible. The specs of the light, naked case, about to get naked and enjoy myself over this.

Ok, i got why you want it. But in pflexpro’s test he used a C8 (i think a C8 is 41,5mm) & that is not comparable with a tiny OP reflector like the A6 that is smaller than half that (i think its 20mm), so you wont get any 200m extra throw in it. I would be surprised if we even get to 200m at all from a fully resistance modded A6-SE + a dedomed top flux bin XP-L from the A6.

For me in a tiny or small EDC light, i want the light where i am & not sending the spot far away + with high lumens output, at least to my eyes a smaller spot hurts my eyes, so i very much prefer a more floddy & smooth beam for close up use.

[quote=cajampa] Ok, i got why you want it. But in pflexpro's test he used a C8 & that is not comparable with a tiny OP reflector like the A6, so you wont get any 200m extra throw in it. I would be surprised if we even get to 200m at all from a fully resistance modded A6-SE + a dedomed top flux bin XP-L from the A6. [/quote]

Yeah you're right, I hadn't factored the reflector size!

As ReManG pointed out, it was originally requested - and better suited - to the other GB as the LuckySun has a much larger/throwy reflector.

Perhaps I should have left it over in that thread, but other emitter options are always nice anyway.

Stoked for both custom BLF lights just as much, however they turn out.

Hirsh

No worries, i have made plenty of similar mistakes here myself :wink:

And my favourite thing about a fellow BLFer correcting them, is I most likely wont make the same mistake next time :slight_smile:

Are there any batteries that perform better? If not, I'm ordering LG HE4's. Better have them ready when this one arrives :)

I see the light at the end of this GB tunnel… :bigsmile:

Thanks for the effort to all the people that made a huge load of work till now…

1 NW please. Thanx All!

Samsung 30Q or LG HG2 https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/samsung-inr18650-30q-vs-lg-inr18650-hg2-shootout-results.681263/
More capacity and lower voltage sag.

thanks ToyKeeper and finges for your feedback.
just one question are they alot better then NCR18650B?

Overall, I would say yes… The ratio capacity/max current is all in their favor

They are totaly different!
Both are (unlinke the NCR18650B) high drain high current cells. So they keep a higher voltage under load. That is good because most cree leds have a fairly high forward voltage at 5A.

Check out following chart to understand better what I mean. Here it compares the slightly older but still good 25R to the NCR18650B at 5A load. As you can see the high drain battery (25R) has a higher voltage over the whole discharge range. So it can deliver higher power to the led.
http://dampfakkus.de/akkuvergleich.php?akku1=141&akku2=490&akku3=&akku4=&akku5=&akku6=&a=5

…and tbh the 30Q or HG2 or MJ1 MH1 cannot beat the HE2/HE4 or 25R at max current, the more the capacity the more you compromize the current, at least with actual tecnology…

The HE2 should be a very small bit better than the HE4 (which someone reports to stay cooler) also they sag a bit less initially than 25R which however perform better in the final part of the curve

Here is the voltage sag under constant current

Green is NCR18650B
Blue is 25R
Red HE2

It also depends on you applications, if you have to draw 1A, i would choose the NCR18650 or some Sanyos with 3400/3500mAh, but if you tink your performance would be current dependant and the max you can ask the max should be delivered, than… IMR 2000/2500mAh is the way to go.

Would it be possible to change order #424 to CW?

Hmm.. I already changed my mind... Please change the French fried O rings to Mexican reverse clickies...

No toppings this time..

Didn't know that tool, very useful, thanks!

Add me for one NW , please.

DBCstm did some measurements with different batteries and found that NCR18650B was the second-dimmest. It’s simply not a high-amperage cell so it doesn’t perform well in a light like this.

If I recall correctly, the LG HE4 should perform about the same as the Efest 35A. Also, later measurements went up to about 1600lm, with spring bypasses. On a production sample, I got 1400 lm from a 25R (performs like a Samsung 20R) with no modifications.

1 NW for me :slight_smile:

Bare aluminum would be great. Saves them the cost and time on anodizing. I can polish my own if that’s a problem.