Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Hadn’t totally missed it, just wasn’t really looking at tube lights besides building triples, been pretty focused on throwers and ridiculous lumens. I decided I probably know some guys who’d want these as is (myself included), so I’d pick some up.

Edit: got the lights ordered.

Same here - ordered on the 14th and it's still in "Ready to Process" status

Okay, I finally decided to let the flashaholics at CPF know about this great flashlight!

Here's the link: BLF Manker A6 – Custom tube light designed by BLF

Thank you! :)

Thank you bugsy36 and everyone making this group buy happen!

Just ordered one nw 3D.

Now that these drivers are being produced at competitive cost, I hope there is some way of making them available separately. As I understand it, the BLF drivers that RMM usually sells are made in very small numbers and therefore are expensive. That was one of the original arguments for the group buy. Now that these are being made by the thousand, maybe some can be diverted to RMM or sold by Banggood separately or distributed in some other way at a lower price.

+1

This was discussed. The answer was no.

Just pulled the trigger. My first tube light, first ‘modded’ light, and first BLF GB purchase. I went for the 5A- with all this power it will still be mighty bright and I’m interested in seeing the color differences I’ve only read about so far.

Phil

Yes, but that may change.

True. It’s not for me to say.

George :)

You know better than to ask that question :). Fritz gets a pass :)

Fritz - The driver is not available separately because I have no intention on competing with RMM. Wight and Richard are friends and if Richard strikes a deal with Banggood for drivers that is solely up to them to decide. Even for Richard to do that it would require an investment on his part that would require more than a $2 return. This driver cannot sell for $5 like the 105c that many people here expect unless one were to buy the components themselves plus build and flash themselves and even at that it would take a serious purchase quantity of components to get there :)

You chose…wisely.

Thank you to Keepingitlight for the link and info! Ok, got my attention. Flashaholic from CPF, quite interested. You folks.are doing some cool.stuff over here! Please add me to the interesred list, neutral white please. What’s my next step??? :slight_smile:

Next step.....Check your PM's :)

Was informed about update on A6 via BG customer service and stock for 3D & 5A should be in stock in next 2-3 days. Best explanation as to why some orders are still being processed since 8/14 even though others who have ordered after 8/14 got orders shipped first. Not too clear on how they went about orders but that was what I was informed. Patience is key:bigsmile:

Remember there was a weekend in there and the 5A sold much better than expected. Production is in high gear and there should be another 500 lights there this week.

The first 500 was.....333 (1A) and 167 (5A)

The second 500......500 (3D)

The third 500....however they break it down

It seems 1A still is high on stock, I order 3 of them and a 5A tint. Still need a 3D tint but my budget kinda out of budget ~

Can’t wait for it to arrive ~ have plenty of 25R to play with ! But I think I will deplete them all before I start actual use for functionality. (gonna press and see all day and night ~)

As I recall, the joint effort of the people that made this possible has been an open and free-ware type of commitment. People have been able to build their own drivers since the inception of this one, and TK has been openly helpful to any and all that requested help with her firmware.

So, this driver IS available, and always has been, to anyone that wishes to learn how to build it. I’m not any kind of electrically gifted, and yet I was able to learn how to do these. I’m still just a hack, mind you, but lots of people here have held my hand and walked me through the things I didn’t understand in order for me to be successful at building these and other drivers developed on this forum.

Richard can build them, several others here have offered to do the same, but this is the first time a BLF driver/firmware has been done by the manufacturer. We’ve all been trying diligently to NOT step on anyone’s toes, and that’s all we can ask of newcomers to the forums.

I think that as long as Wight and ToyKeeper get recognition for their work on this, all is good. :wink:

This looks epic. I’m in for a 5A if any are left.
Buggy, PM sent!