Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

I am not saying to buy or no buy...that is up to the individual. At the same time the "complaints" that have been posted do not even compare with the number of satisfied purchases. There were many many of these A6's sold...far more than any other light in history (literally) ;)

For those that are leery of the A6...a Convoy host + 17DD (from Mtn) + an XPL on copper and you will have a jam up light ;)

Do we have a number?

+1

We had 902 on the sign up list. But then the flashlight went open for sale to the general public (and is still being sold). I’d be curious about the total number of flashlights sold to date.

All of my A6 imperfection complaints were eradicated as soon as I turned mine on :wink:

+1,000,000,000,000,000

I’m curious too.

I’d love to say that it’s “OVER 9000!!!”, but I highly doubt it. :slight_smile:

+2 :wink:

I am also very curious about this, i suspect well in to the 2000 by now.

Banggood have a “sold” counter on some items but it is disabled for the BLF A6……

I do not have an exact number and will not for a while yet BUT it is in the thousands. The main reasons for its success 1. The available cost to power ratio, especially for the person that does not mod and 2. TK's UI, which is starting to become universally known even outside BLF ;)

This thread has had over 286’000 reads. That alone should be a pretty good indicator :wink: Then compare that with the X6 GB’s 253’000 reads :open_mouth:

I have bought 6 now… Slightly addicted… I keep three of them in a pelican case awaiting the shorty tubes to keep nice and use the others at work.
Neil

I got a notice that bang good is out until 10/27. So I have a bit of a do over opportunity.

Cancel the order and have Richard build me an xpg2 triple, change order to the bare version (and still wait) or just leave it and wait for the anodized version.

I’m thinking of switching to bare. Quality seemed better?

The convoy triple build would be like $65 with shipping, copper spacer and battery.

The blf is like $30 delivered.

This probably happened, but has anyone made it super clear to manker and bang good that 99% of the folks on this board would prefer quality over expediency?

Robby

I think most of us would happily pay an extra ten dollars or so for a better quality control.

hey lads hope all is well! i love this flashlight its great so powerful and small…

it is the first 18650 i can pocket every day. very well designed and very well though out light!

it has just enough cooling to keep the light on a lower settings for long periods of time.

turbo is just for showing of lol

who really wants a light that weights 1kg cause of the excessive cooling? unless you need one for tactical purposes.

one thing is i got the 5A tint and its really yellow any way i can tell what tint it actually is or is there any reason it would be yellow i was reading earlier in this post about de-domed?

or am just mad cause that is what 5A should look like? i was under the impression it should look more like a natural white less white then the average Nitecore… more like my convoy c8 with a xml-t6 4c ?

I found some more possible 20mm lenses without AR in the right size, this time from fasttech.

20mm x 1.5mm

20mm x 1.6mm

Both are closer in size than the thinner kaidomain 20mm x 1mm lens i posted before, i will order both & test how they fit.

In the end..they both emit light but the A6 is not a triple and the Mountain Convoy is hand built by Richard alone. It would cost just almost as much to make the A6 a triple so if a triple is the end-game....go with Richard.

i decided to let it ride with the BLF. as far as the triple convoy, maybe i’ll get both :slight_smile:

Robby

No, 5A is not a pure white.

(Click for full size chart.)

Everyone’s perception of light is different. And perception is relative, change the background and the tint looks different. Change the intensity and your eyes perceive it differently. Change what you were seeing immediately before and after, and the experience will be different. Like the auto-adjust feature of your camera, the brain and eyes are constantly making adjustments. That being said, I think that the large majority of users would find the 5A tint to be warm. For my own BLF A6 SE (5A), it appears to me that the tint is not “yellow”. To me, it’s more of a toasty golden (with a hint of rose) tint. I’m used to my flashlight with a 4C tint, so my perception is biased that way. As to natural white, I’d say that is just as much a problem of nomenclature (communication) as it is of perception. If you mean sunlight, then the 5A tint is the closest thing to sunlight that is being offered here. If you mean white as it would be perceived in an indoor situation, then I’d suggest that - all other factors being equal - 3D would be the closest tint approaching white. And if you’re looking for a clean “crisp” white, then you would be happier with the 1A.

I’ve got one bit of advice. If you don’t like this light, hold onto it and take a look at it again six months from now. Or a year from now. You may be surprised by how different your perception of the tint is!

When I first started my flashlight hobby, I was a big fan of BRIGHT, CLEAN WHITE beams. More lumens the better! 1A tints rule! But over time, my tastes have changed. I find that brightness is sometimes harsh and that fewer lumens can do the same job. I’ve come to appreciate that color rendition is an important component to the visual experience.

EDIT: Struck through erroneous information, per ToyKeeper’s comments, below.

FWIW, daytime sunlight is generally at or above 5000K. The 3D tint is about 4850K. 5A tint is about 4150K. The sun varies throughout the day, but “daylight tint” is usually considered 5000K, significantly cooler than a 5A tint.