Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

1x NW for me please

Just a thought, if EE don’t want to use the FET+1 driver i still hope you can get the FET+1 version driver but without the AMC7135 chip installed, then we (who are able) could upgrade it to the +1 driver by soldering on the AMC7135 chip on to the empty pads.

The FET+1 driver without the AMC7135 should work just as good as the
A17DD-S08 at least electrically, i don’t know if the firmware & modes would be negatively effected.

That is good thinking :) but not really a concern yet at this point and because I do not write computer code I am not even sure it is possible without reflashing the driver. I think that generally everyone on the team is pulling for the +1 driver for many reasons including versatility to the many that do like moonlight. At the moment, ToyKeeper and Wight and Dale are working on the software and stability----man oh man!, amazing to see them brainstorm - wow!

As far as EE goes, like I have said before, I do not think we will have any problems or issues because we have proven the numbers.

Wight and ToyKeeper are the brainstormers, I’m just the one that recklessly plunges forward and posts the results.

Brainstorming doesn’t work too well over here, all the great ideas go out the other ear. :stuck_out_tongue:

GB order took forever last time but…

Count me in for 1 NW. Thanks.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m feeling impatient. Many details are up in the air and aren’t going to settle until the production samples are made and tested… but that’ll be a while with holidays and shipping and such.

Part of why I’m impatient is because I finally got everything to fit in 1024 bytes… so I think the hardware and firmware are pretty much ready to go, at least for prototype purposes.

With a statement like that, you’re making ME impatient! :open_mouth:

I suspect it will definitely we worth the wait.

Thank you ToyKeeper!!! :)

To all......

I will try and contact Banggood tonight and update them on the progress here - essentially ready for production samples. It is already known and has been said by Banggood that we will not be receiving anything until after the holiday.

David :) ...patience...patience :) LOL

All of you guys must be patience.
Don’t forget what happening last time with a very large group buy…
This time everything must be perfect :wink:

So if this can be driven up to 5 amps… will this XP-L be MUCH brighter than my already very bright X6-SE with the XM-L2?

I’m seeing Banggood claim 800 lumens on the stock flashlight. What could we guesstimate for this custom light?

Sorry if that sounds dumb, but I’m not really up to date on my latest LED tech. Apologies if this has been asked before.

As tested by Dale.
These are prototype numbers.
Lumens out the front after losses using different batteries.

hum, I’ve seen that table almost 10 times now, but I never thought about something weird till this moment

We have 4.21A with 1276lm and 4.26A with 1128 and also 4.3 with 1190lm
And then again 5.77 A with 1297lm (seems much more worth 4.21A with 1276lm) and than a huge boost to 1442lm with just 0.18A more

I’m a n00b so there should be absolutely something in the equation cannot explain this to myself (battery impedance? should be this already taken in account when measuring output currents ? don’t know …. :S )

If i’m not mistaken it is the result of voltage sag among different batteries. The Efest cell can sustain higher voltage while under the same amp load, which results in more power to the LED and and thus more lumens. That would also explain the difference between the Sanyo and the Panny.

You could be very right… by the Ohm law, this could explain it. Thanks! :wink:

I just tested ToyKeepers firmware and it’s Brilliant! Never seen a mechanical clicky do reversing before, but it’s easy, intuitive and an incredible addition to this light! She worked her tail off getting this together and crammed into the limited space the ATTiny13A has to offer.

How about half a lumen for a moon mode? How about 1546 lumens for a Turbo? Mind you, this sample light has djozz’s phosphor bronze springs and wire bypasses top and bottom, but that being said it’s giving 6.18A to the XP-L emitter that came in the light from a rested and partially used Sony C5. Sweeeeeeet!

Thank you for your diligent efforts ToyKeeper! This is shaping up to be HAYUGE! :bigsmile:

Oh, it’s also got Turbo step down at 30 seconds. Why 30? Because it’s burning your finger right at the point it steps down! :smiley:

And I just found the hidden strobe! Woohoo! Totally awesome! I’ve never minded having a strobe, just didn’t like having to go through it in the modes. This is so EPIC!

We need a dancing smiley face shining a flashlight all over the place! WooHoo!

Holy Crap! And a battery check! I’ve got 5 blinks at the moment…now I gotta find out what the stages are! ZOMG!

They will POLE VAULT right over all the competition! With their outstanding build and anodizing, this driver will make them FAMOUS! (and it certainly won’t hurt BLF any either!)

This is the light, THE LIGHT, that will make the cover of BLF. Watch.

Was this the equivalent of a “flashgazm” ?
Sounds awesome.

Yeah, well, if that exists then yes indeed! :stuck_out_tongue:

Considering the builds and mods Dale has personally completed, if he’s THIS excited about a flashlight, it’s GOT to be awesome! :heart_eyes: